Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

???Gallien Kreuger RBP II Preamp???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pablomigraine, Jun 23, 2005.

1. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    VP & Managing Director - Willcox Basses
    Has anyone even ever SEEN one of these??? Aboslutely every GK dealer I've talked to has never seen one.....

I guess they're a huge seller in europe...every European dealer I emailed said its on backorder and there's a waiting list....?

I have a really great relationship with the guys at GK, and my buddy there said he couldn't even find one in the factory. Said they're the #2 seller in Europe, but can't give them away here.....was even going to give me one for free but couldnt find one!!

anyone know anything about these from experience or know where to get them?
    R]

2. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    Are you talking about the 2001RBP or something newer?

3. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    VP & Managing Director - Willcox Basses
    the same

easir time finding Hoffa

4. We have them here at the factory. They were just way up high on the top shelf in the warehouse so Gene didn't see them. Any GK dealer can order that for you.

5. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    A GK pre sold recently in the Classifieds here. Not sure if it's the same model...

GK Preamp

6. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    I'd love to hear one.

My 700RBII has such a great clean sound, AND such a great growl sound, that my biggest frustration with it trying to find that optimal medium setting. If I had the pre's seperate clean and distortion channels (WITH seperate, optimized voicing controls for the distortion! Oh Baby.), I'd choose a cleaner clean AND a dirtier dirt - but I don't want to be fiddling with the amp too much during shows, if I can avoid it, so I go for an in-between setting most of the time.

Joe