Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gallien Krueger 1001RB-II dies...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lazlo Panaflex, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Lazlo Panaflex

Lazlo Panaflex

Sep 30, 2003
    Ok so im in my garage practicing with my setup (stingray, 1001RB-II, and 810). I stop go back into my room for about 30 minutes come back out and fire up the amp to start practicing again... and nothing.

I thought the mute was on at first, but i hadnt changed anything. I have replaced all the cables and still nothing. The amp will power on (blue light) but when i touch the cable plugged into it there is no noise or anything. This amp has been reliable for the last year and i have no idea why it decided to crap out while it was chillin in my garage :mad:

Anybody have any thoughts?

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Well, would it be under warranty? I have never had any problems with my 1001RB head. Except I broke some knobs off. But I fixed those, and reseated the solder joints while I was there. Get it to an amp tech ASAP

Oh, and watch the title. To me... Them's fightin werds!!!

3. Try plugging it into a different outlet of the house :eyebrow:

4. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    A friend of mine had issues with a fuse in his G-K combo. Not familiar enough with G-K to know if that might be the culprit, but perhaps it's a possibility?

5. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    1. innapropriate title

2. its covered under warranty

3. Dan the Man will know what to do

6. Yossarian

Yossarian

Jun 24, 2004
    Virginia
    I avoided the 1001RB because of the harmony-central reviews. They speak of just what you say. ALOT of them do.

7. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Yes, the 1001RB. Not 1001RB-II. According to Dan Elliot, they have a very low failure rate.

~Patrick

to bad for those stupid plastic bolts :scowl:

8. Call the factory and give us a chance to help you with this.

9. Yossarian

Yossarian

Jun 24, 2004
    Virginia
    My mistake :oops:

10. Lazlo Panaflex

Lazlo Panaflex

Sep 30, 2003
    Thanks Dan, ill go ahead and give you guys a call tommorow. Sorry about the title didnt think it was innapropriate
    :meh:

i appreciate the responses guys.

EDIT: i forgot to mention before this amp i used to own an GK 800rb wich completely crapped out, so you can see why i would be more than a little peaved.