Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gallien-Krueger 1001RB II Reliability?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Quadzilla, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Interested in one of these but a lot of the reviews on Harmony-Central have a lot bad reviews on the reliability of this unit (and the orginal 1001RB). What is everybody's experience with these? Scared to pull the trigger after reading those reviews. Need to know what Tber's are experiencing.

2. danman

danman

May 18, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA
    I have a 700 rb II and have had no problems. I have traveled with this head and it sees weekly use at moderate levels. I have had no problems and this amp is the best you can get for the money.

Holy Headroom Batman!!!!

danman

3. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    I too own a 700RB-II, which is the same amp with a little less power, and have had ZERO issues nor have I heard of anyone really who has. The new GK amps seem to be built like a rock yet aren't heavy in any way. It's money well spent to order one of these GK amps, go to www.riks.com or www.riksmusic.com one or the other and you can get one for 600 bucks even including everything. It's a great deal.