Gallien Krueger 1001RB Mark ll w/ Bag End S15-N

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gwangi, Mar 21, 2018.

1. gwangi

gwangi

Jul 4, 2009
    Forbidden Valley
    Quick question I'm thinking about getting a 1001RB to run my Bag End S15-N that I just got and I'm wondering since the Gallien Krueger uses a 4 conductor speakon cable for there amps & cabinets should I use the 4 conductor speakon cable from the amp to the Bag End or should I use a 2 conductor speakon cable to run from the amp to the cabinet?

2. Wasnex

Wasnex

Dec 25, 2011
    The Neutrik combo jack used on the S15-N uses two conductors, but accepts NL4 or NL2. Either cable should work fine with that particular cab. Edit: However, as a general rule, you should use an NL2 unless you are using a GK biamp compatible cabinet.

speakON Combo - Neutrik

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  3. I think you should RTFM.

I would use a 2 conductor one for fear of running the GK treble amp into the low amp and vice versa depending on how the cab is wired.

Other possibility, losing the highs.

Wasnex likes this.
  4. Wasnex

Wasnex

Dec 25, 2011
    I agree that an NL2 would be safer with a random cabinet when internal wiring in unknown. With the Speakon Combo plug used in the S15-N either NL2 or NL4 is safe because 2+ and 2- are not terminated in the combo plug.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2022