1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gallien Krueger 1001rb vs 1001rbII

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by scorp77, Mar 6, 2008.

1. scorp77

scorp77

Mar 24, 2007
    Any noticeable differences? I can get the original for 150 cheaper. What's the deal with the bi-amp feature?

2. This is no help to you at all, but where can you find the original? I've been looking for one and cant find it

3. HeavyFingers

HeavyFingers

Mar 18, 2006
    NOVA
    DON'T get the 1001rb GET the 1001rbII. I remember reading that the first series had cooling/fan issues. Also, the II series puts out more power - My 1001rbII puts out 700 watts at 4 ohms but the I series only puts out 580 watts at 4 ohms.

The Bi-amp feature: if you run a gk cabinet (or one wired to handle this feature as well) you can control the tweeter lvl using the knob on the front of the amp. You have to use a special speakon cable though that has 4 contacts instead of 2 (I think thats what it is). I believe that the cables come with the gk cabinets now, but you can also find them from online cable dealers. If you are not running a cab that has this feature then you don't have to worry about anything - the tweeter knob won't do anything.

Have you checked out www.rmcaudio.com yet? Thats the cheapest place to get one - $600 (not sure if that is with or without shipping).

I love my setup: Spector(with DR SS lo-riders) -->GK 1001rbII -->GK neo212 = awesome!