1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gallien Krueger 115LB

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JDR, Apr 25, 2010.

1. JDR

JDR

Mar 8, 2008
    Does anyone have any experience with the G-K 115LB metal bass cabinet from the early '90s? It was the speaker cab counterpart to the 1200CEB combo, both of which had an Electro-Voice EVM15B speaker and four front ports, one in each corner of the cabinet, which was almost identical in size to the Bag End S15-D and S15X-D cabs. If so, and you also have experience with the Bag End cabs, how did the old G-K compare? I've got some old G-K brochures with this and other metal guitar cabs and was always curious about them.

2. e.maynard

e.maynard

Nov 11, 2004
    Afton, Virginia
    I saw that one on eBay as well.

I've never played one but (although curious as well) The rattle factor has to be there.
    Maybe not.

hmmm

3. BartH

BartH

Oct 5, 2016
    In matter of fact I have owned a Gallien-Krueger 115LB from 1989 on which I used together with the Gallien-Krueger 1200SEB.
    It is a great little cabinet, no undesired by-noises (no rattle etc.), it handles 200Watts (8 Ohm) easily and has the distinct sound characteristics of the EVM 15 B speaker.
    I had mine adapted to also fit a Speakon connector. It is (almost) indestructible and easy to handle because of it's size and reasonable weight (19 kg / 41.9 lbs).
    An idea others might also be able to use is that I often placed the cabinet on a keyboard stand, to have the sound closer to me. As I had my bass also put through the PA, I would have my stack perfectly aligned as a personal monitor.
    It has served me well for many years, both for electrical- as double bass, but as I am no longer a professional bass player, it sits idle now.
    If anybody is interested, you may contact me.

[​IMG]
    Image 1, image 2, image 3, image 4, image 5, 115LB+1200SEB.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  4. I have one, speaker needs a recone or replacement. Had the 1200SEB as well, but she died.