1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gallien-Krueger 15" + 2x10" cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gezilein, Sep 3, 2008.

1. gezilein

gezilein

Sep 3, 2008
    Hello.

I purchased one 15" (082-0014-C - replacement for 115 BLX, Backline BL115; 200W, 8 Ohm, 30Hz) and two 10" (082-0011-A - replacement for 210RBS und 400RB/210; 100W,16 Ohm, 64Hz) speakers.

I plan to make my own cabinet since I'm a hobbist. (this is my first such project so thanks for understanding ;-)
    The cabinet would have two completely divided spaces one for the 15" and other for 10".

The problem is I don't have T/S paramaters of the drives nor inner dimensions of original cabinets.
    I tried GK but they don't give such info.

I hoped someone here can shed some light on where can I get this info or will I have to make the complicated measurements and mathematics.
    Maybe someone has already been through some similar situation?

Thank you for any reply.

Regards

2. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    your best bet would be to copy the design of the GK cabs they were meant for if you can't get the TS specs from GK.

3. gezilein

gezilein

Sep 3, 2008
    Hi

Long after still haven't made any progress (mostly due to lack of time).

I don't want to open another thread so am asking here.

Can anyone measure or tell me dimensions/volume/port volume of above mentioned boxes?

It would bring me much joy... :D

4. Illbay

Illbay

Jan 15, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    I have a GK GL115 cab. If that's "close enough" to what you want, I'll be glad to measure it up and shoot it to you. PM me.

(As for the 2x10, sorry. I have a 4x10 GL cab).

5. gezilein

gezilein

Sep 3, 2008
    Hey.

Thanks for your suggestion.
    I think GL 115 is close enough (if i looked at the right cabinets - see links).

Please see
    http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend...binet?sku=482102&CJAID=10381297&CJPID=2179950
    and
    http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend...binet?sku=486513&CJAID=10381297&CJPID=2179950

The dimensions are under the pictures. They seem to be about the same.

However, i think outside dimensions aren't reliable, as i don't know what on the inside is.

If nothing else maybe I could estimate the inside dimensions?
    The question is how much would i really loose if i miss cabinet's/port's size by a few percent?

I'm getting a bit frustrated and starting to lean towards aproximations more and more... :p

As for your 4x10, maybe we could just divide everything by 2?
    Just a thought and i'm getting closer to this one to...

6. Wes Whitmore

Wes Whitmore

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    I have measured the SBX 410 and RBH 210 before. The SBX is pretty close to .94ft3 per speaker, and it's a sealed cab. My RBH 2x10 is closer to 1.03ft3. That one is harder to measure because of the slant back, and the large slot port that almost pushes to the back of the cab.

They do make speaker testers that measure the T/S parameters of drivers. I know that partsexpress.com sells them. I have never used one personally.

Wes

7. Illbay

Illbay

Jan 15, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Sorry, did you ever get what you were looking for? It sounds like you did want me to measure the cabs...

8. gezilein

gezilein

Sep 3, 2008
    hey

For the 15" I decided to take outside measures of the box 115 BLX (http://www.gallien-krueger.com/manuals/BLX OM.pdf), and for the 2x10" it's 210RBS (http://www.gallien-krueger.com/manuals/RBS_Series_Owner_s_Manual.pdf) - these are actually cabs for which drives are intended.

Building is already in progress, and I will see what it brings. Hoping for the best...

However, port size for the 115BLX would be very appreciated, as I haven't found any info on that.
    I will use adjustable port, the question is should it be 7cm or 11cm?
    Maybe if I could just get a nudge in right direction?