Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gallien Krueger 2000RB

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Gallient Knight, Aug 3, 2002.

1. Gallien 2000RB 1000 watt monster, 2 seperate 500 watt power amps mono operation gives you the big 1k.

some super small scratches on one rack handle, and a paint scrape on the G in Gallien across the face plate.

All knobs are intact, no noise out of any pot, all switches function cleanly.

Been rack mounted the whole time I have had it,

Its just a little overkill for me playing mostly jazz lately,

$525 or best offer

2. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    you have mail!!

3. Jake15

Jake15

Jan 17, 2001
    USA, PA
    Did you sell this thing yet? I might be interested!

4. Still Available

5. Kurt M.

Kurt M.

Dec 11, 2001
    Reading, PA
    Hi,

I might be interested. There's a cooling fan upgrade for this amp that GK was offering. They have a tendancy to shut down occasionally when driven hard without it. Does yours have the upgrade?

6. It has a cooling fan. I don't know if its an upgrade, its mounted over the heat sink of the power amp

7. Kurt M.

Kurt M.

Dec 11, 2001
    Reading, PA
    Yeah. I think they all have fans. But, I think what happens is they upgrade the fan with one that turns on more or blows more air to keep the unit from going into protect mode. I'm not sure if there were any sold that didn't need the upgrade. If you bought it new and never sent it back to GK for the upgrade yours could be a model that is still in need of the upgrade. If you never pushed the amp hard you may have never even experienced the problem. I guess you could tell by calling GK and giving them the serial number. I had heard they were upgrading amps that were out of warranty also.

I'd be interested in knowing. I'd want to be sure the amp had the upgrade. I play real hard and almost always all the way up on my current 450W Ampeg head. It takes it well. I just need more juice and wouldn't want to risk a shut down during a live show.

Let me know if you find anything out.

8. I will try to find out.

Its never shut down on me.

9. Is it still available?

10. Yes

11. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    isn't it a 2001rb?

steve

12. Nope. Its a RB2000.

Its the older one before the 2001 came out.

13. BigTopBruno

BigTopBruno

Sep 6, 2002
    NJ, USA
    I'm interested..still available?..any recommendations on cabs with this head?