1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GALLIEN KRUEGER 2001 RB JUST STOPED WORKING!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Breslin dp, Mar 16, 2009.

1. I was playing the amp at practice and all of the sudden there was no sound. I turned around and the power light was out,I can't get the amp to come back on for anything! Just so you know I bought the amp brand new and I have only had it for about two months. What really gets me I am trying out for a band and this was only my second practice. I made sure I went over all my steps to make sure I didn't do anything wrong!!! It was plugged directly into the wall with no other amps on that outlet,the outlet has a gfi on it. Has this happened to anyone!!! It was so hard to finish practice!!! I just ordered a GK 4x10 rbh I am tempted to send it back when it gets here.....I have never had a problem like this in the past,Gk better make this up to me.:scowl:

2. shaolinwhat

shaolinwhat

Jun 5, 2005
    Ohio
    did you check the fuse?

3. I looked for a fuse and so did three other musicians we couldn't find one!!!!!

4. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    Stuff happens...
    Why do you doubt that they will take care of it? Isn't it under warranty?
    And yeah, probably a fuse...

5. There is no fuse that I can see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. I am looking at it as we speak people!!!!! No fuse!!!!

7. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    It's probably internal...

8. I have waited my whole adult life to get a good bass head and this happens the second time using it with a band!!!

9. If you void the warranty by opening it up to change a fuse???

10. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.

+1 - no fuse access on the back of 1001 heads.

11. shaolinwhat

shaolinwhat

Jun 5, 2005
    Ohio
    Didn't it come with a manual? Gallien krueger customer service is known for being awesome, im sure theyll take care of you.

12. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sweetwater Sales Engineer
    I'd chill the F out, wait until tomorrow and call GK. They will take care of you. Amps of all ages and ranges from various manufacturers have problems. Take a deep breath and relax:D

Dan

13. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
  14. I hope they are good but it isn't going to help me with the show this weekend!!!!

15. willsellout

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    plenty of places offer rentals. I live in a nothing town and I can rent a bass rig for the weekend. Everything will be alright. Although inconvenient this should work out fine.

16. Sorry the amp was so great and this happened,just down in the dumps!!!

17. I guess it could be worse<at least I'm playin in a band again!!!!

18. willsellout

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    We all understand how you feel. Many of us have been in the same situation. It sucks to have your equipment crap the bed on you, but you are in good hands with GK. I've dealt with them on a couple occasions and it's always been smooth. Good luck man an don't fret!

19. shaolinwhat

shaolinwhat

Jun 5, 2005
    Ohio
    **** breaking on you at inconvenient times is part of playing man, trust me its even worse when things break during shows. its happened to me a lot, im notorious for breaking everything i own without trying ha.

20. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    Just do the "buy on your credit card, return on Monday" thing...
    Works every time...