Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

gallien krueger 2001 rbp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chrisw, Feb 15, 2005.

1. chrisw

chrisw

Nov 28, 2004
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Hey, I am probably going to buy one of these in a couple of weeks. The only problem is i have no way of trying it out first. So, I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with these, and what they thought. I've played on other GK heads and liked them, so as long as the sound is the same I should have no problems. So let me know what you think. Thanks.

2. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Go try out a 2001rb. Then, if you like that, buy it the rbp. I find the 2001 to be warmer and punchier than the 1001. I like the overdrive on it too. I was looking at getting a 2001rbp but mesa/boogie has kinda changed my mind. I'l probably end up getting a pulse 600 then adding a GK 2001rbp to the rack. Very nice sounding IMO.

3. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    I believe David Wilson has one listed in the classifieds section right now.

4. chrisw

chrisw

Nov 28, 2004
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Cool, sounds good. I'll check the classifieds section. Thanks for all the help.

5. funkengruven

funkengruven

Mar 14, 2005
    HI Guys!
    I am a newbie here. I have been playing on a 2000rb since around 1997 or so. I have had a few problems with it. It went back to GK thrice since 1997. the last time being last december. I have always liked its sound. I use a wierd overpowered rig that usually gets me the sound I like. But here is my question. Since I am at a cross- roads and need to dedcide wether to spend more on my oldy or get a 2001rb new in box for $800. GK has offered me that since I have had reocurring problems with my other. It seems like a great deal if I had $800 bucks laying around. I am curious if any of you bassists out there made that change to a 2001. And how much you like it.
    Thanks
    Mitchell

6. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    I would stick with the "2000rb" which I am guessing is what you are referring to which you have now. I had both and never liked the noise that I got from the 2001. The overdrive isn't as good as a pedal and i liked having a boost channel too, which the 2001 doesn't have.

7. funkengruven

funkengruven

Mar 14, 2005
    Thanks! I will take all the feedback I can get. DId you have any trouble with your signal dropping out on you on your 2000rb? I have sent mine back for this 3 times.

8. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    nope. I sent mine back for the heat sink problem and that was it. I wish I would have kept it, it was a rockin amp.