1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Gallien Krueger 2001RB Amplifier - The Big Gun Hits the Block

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by ishouldbeking, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ishouldbeking

ishouldbeking

Feb 5, 2007
    Hollywood, CA
    Endorsing: SIT, Eastwood, Hanson
    SOLD ** SOLD!!

It's finally time to unload this all-american bad boy. If you don't know, the GK 2001RB is the biggest and loudest of GK's artist series... 1080 watts into 2 stereo channels + an additional 100 watts into 2 channels for the tweeters. This amp has a myriad of EQ options, bi-amping capability, a separate overdrive/distortion channel which sounds amazing, and a whole lot of other stuff. Just ask MysticBoo, he can tell you all about these monsters!

I'm the original owner -- bought it at guitar center a few years back -- and everything that came with the amp is included in this sale. GK brand speakon cable (necessary to bi-amp with GK cabs), 3 function footswitch (tuner mute, channel a/b, tweeter on/off), midi cable for the footswitch, the original owners manual, and the power cable, obviously.

Also included: a RoadReady 6 space ATA rack case with 2 space-filling "rack vents" (see the pics) and a Furman PL-8 power conditioner w/ stage lights.

The amp has been kept in the rack case since day one, and is in great shape: 100% functional, no issues whatsoever. It's in good cosmetic shape as well. The only real flaw I can detect is some spotting on the chrome faceplate. I'm not sure what it's from, but I want to be honest about the flaws so you know what you're getting! With that said, it's a minor cosmetic issue, only noticeable from a foot or two away. There are also a few light scratches on the exterior of the rack case which are somewhat visible in the pictures.

The 2001RB sells for $1500 new, the rack case was $270 + $14 for the rack vents, and the power conditioner was $80... I'm asking $900 plus shipping. Continental US only, for now. Local sales are totally cool as well; I'm in Los Angeles. Oh, and before I forget, since this is my first sale on Talkbass you can check my ebay feedback under the username ishouldbeking. I've only sold a few things, but I've got perfect feedback!

for info and specs on the amp, case, and power conditioner, check here:
    http://www.gallien-krueger.com/products_artist_hd_2001.html
    http://www.roadreadycases.com/prodetail.php?sku=RR6UAD
    http://www.furmansound.com/product.php?div=01&id=PL-8_II
    (the power conditioner for sale is a series I, and looks slightly different)

newSX005-reduced.jpg
    newSX004-reduced.jpg
    newSX008-reduced.jpg
    newSX002-reduced.jpg

Thanks for looking! :bassist:

2. arjune

arjune

Oct 8, 2006
    SF, CA
    This is a killer rig for a great price! Shouldn't last long.

3. ishouldbeking

ishouldbeking

Feb 5, 2007
    Hollywood, CA
    here's hoping! I've got my eye on a few basses...

oh, as far as trades go I'm mainly interested in cool vintage stuff or retro styled basses (pickguards and solid colors, mostly)... Univox, Mosrite, Hagstrom, Rickenbacker, Gretsch. Generally speaking I'd prefer cash though.

4. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Wow. If I had enough money for that...

Dude. Good luck with this. Seriously.

5. ishouldbeking

ishouldbeking

Feb 5, 2007
    Hollywood, CA
    Thanks! Feel free to spread the word... this little beast needs a good home!

6. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Will do! I'll see if any friends need a great head.

7. ishouldbeking

ishouldbeking

Feb 5, 2007
    Hollywood, CA
    Still available! C'mon people, it won't bite...

Hmm, now that I think about it... it WILL bite. Loudly. Step right up and get some GK growl!

8. gismo

gismo

Oct 11, 2005
    La Mirada, CA
    Ok. I sent you an e-mail.

9. ishouldbeking

ishouldbeking

Feb 5, 2007
    Hollywood, CA
    E-mail replied!

10. Frankie Fender

Frankie Fender The less notes you play, the more money you make.

Jul 13, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Do you have a price for just the head only?

I already have more than enough rack cases and power conditioners that I don't use. Don't need any more of them.

11. ishouldbeking

ishouldbeking

Feb 5, 2007
    Hollywood, CA
    PM'd!

12. gismo

gismo

Oct 11, 2005
    La Mirada, CA
    Replied!

13. jorgera

jorgera

Aug 22, 2007
    Boston
    Endorsing M.Laghus Custom Bass
    hi. are you interested in a 1001rb olus cash??

14. ishouldbeking

ishouldbeking

Feb 5, 2007
    Hollywood, CA
    Replied via PM!

15. pm sent

16. ishouldbeking

ishouldbeking

Feb 5, 2007
    Hollywood, CA
    SOLD TO GISMO! Great doing business with you sir!

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.