1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gallien Krueger 2001RB For Sale!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by rmichael, Nov 21, 2006.

1. rmichael

rmichael Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2006
    Central Illinois
    For Sale: GK2001RB Bass Head – I purchased this head new about (1.5) years ago but unfortunately I haven't used it a whole lot during this period due to a hand/wrist injury. This head is in excellent, “like new” condition and has never been turned up past "1" on the volume control. The head even has the plastic/static covering over the “Gallien-Krueger” logo. The head has been “racked” in my studio ever since the first day I purchased it and sounds excellent. When not in use (which was most of the time) the rack was kept closed on both front and back as to keep dirt, dust and any moisture out. I have all the accessories that came with the head which include a midi cable (for the footswitch), factory speaker cables, and the footswitch which has never been used. Specs taken from the Gallien-Krueger website are as follows:

POWER <1% THD: Main Amp-2x540W@2ohm, 1080W Bridged@4ohm 1kHz -- Horn Amp-2x50W@8ohm, 5kHz
    COOLING: Dual Continuously Variable Speed Fans
    INPUT SECTION: Ultra low noise S/N>90dB, Clip LED, -14dB Pad, Mute Switch, Mute LED and A/B Switch
    HIGH GAIN (B): B LED, Gain, Edge, Bottom and Level Controls
    LOW GAIN (A): A LED and Level Control
    VOICING FILTERS: 5/4 String Voicing, Adjustable Contour and Presence
    EQUALIZER: Bass Specific Series Four Band Active
    OUTPUT: Boost, Tweeter Level with High-Cut and Woofer Level with High-Cut
    DIRECT OUT: XLR, Level Control, Ground Lift and Pre/Post Switches
    PATCHING: Send, Return, Tuner Out, Chain in, Chain Out and Footswitch Jack
    SPEAKER OUT LEFT: Two 1/4" and two HMS Compatible Speakon Connectors (Bridge/Mono), Bridge/Mono Switch
    SPEAKER OUT RIGHT: Two 1/4" and two HMS Compatible Speakon Connectors
    CONTROL: Trigger In, Trigger Out and IEC Power Connector
    WEIGHT: 40 lbs
    DIMENSIONS: 19"W x 5.25"H x 12"D

I'm asking $ 700 for the head. Shipping fees will be the responsibility of the buyer. I can provide pictures to serious inquires. I've never sold on "talkbass" but I have excellent feedback on ebay which you can verify under the screen name "SWGBASS". If interested you can shoot me a PM. If I don't have any luck here I'll be listing it on Ebay.

Attached Files:

2. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    What a great deal...and what an amazing Amp. I really wish I could take this off your hands.

Dan

3. bigfiddle

bigfiddle

Aug 25, 2006
    Dallas, Texas
    pm sent

4. rmichael

Jan 6, 2006
    Central Illinois
    The GK head is still for sale. Any takers before it goes to Ebay?

5. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I wish...man that is a great price.

Dan

6. Where are you located?

7. Mother of all thats good and bassy! That's one shweet deal! Too bad for me!

8. rmichael

Jan 6, 2006
    Central Illinois
    Sugarfuzz, thanks for your interest. I am located in Forsyth, IL 62535 zip code. Let me know if you have any further questions.

9. rmichael

Jan 6, 2006
    Central Illinois
    The GK Head is sold!