1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gallien Krueger 210-BLX 200w Cab Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by djuri, Jan 10, 2013.

1. djuri

djuri

Jan 10, 2013
    Anyone have any recommendation (or anti-recommendations) about this used cab? I am looking for a small cab for both electric and upright bass, mainly for practicing but possibly for some smaller sized jazz and bluegrass gigs.

I have heard a few people say its not so good but others have said it is.
    Thanks!!

2. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

Chances are VERY good it will not like your upright. They reach their limits pretty quick with deep bass.

3. djuri

djuri

Jan 10, 2013
    Thanks!!

4. Is that the "backline" series cab ?

If so, look elsewhere.

5. djuri

djuri

Jan 10, 2013
    Would you think that is better than a GK 212 MBE (as opposed to the cheaper 210 BLX). I am consider just buying new instead of used.

6. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

Between a 212MBE and the Avatar it would be a close race. Maybe a hedge to the Avatar. Both MUCH better choices than the BLX cab.

7. djuri

djuri

Jan 10, 2013
    Once I get it (probably the Avatar NEO 210 now) Ill post about it.

Have a great weekend!!

8. John Eland

John Eland

Oct 27, 2015
    HETTON LE HOLE
    I have one, it delivers tight midrange just where you need it and when combined with a 15 inch cab it's excellent, but it depends on the amp you use too

9. John Eland

John Eland

Oct 27, 2015
    HETTON LE HOLE
    Yes I totally agree, it was never designed to be used on it own and I have one with the 15 inch cab, no complaints with it at all.
    The Avatar NEO 210 that people are referring to is a reflex cab (PORTED) so it will sound totally different and not be as tight as the GK which is a sealed cab so comparison wise it's a little bit off and unfair to compare the two.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  10. John Eland

John Eland

Oct 27, 2015
    HETTON LE HOLE
    The Avatar NEO 210 that people are referring to is a reflex cab (PORTED) so it will sound totally different and not be as tight as the GK which is a sealed cab so comparison wise it's a little bit off and unfair to compare the two as the design is totally different, listen with your ears to decide and don't be bullied by what people say on here, it's really like this, a sealed cab will sound tight as there is no air movement and restrict cone movement, a ported cab lets the cones move freely and sounds deeper, what sounds good to you will not necessarily sound good to someone else but it's your choice.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 24, 2021