Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gallien-Krueger 2x10 Cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rickreyn, Dec 25, 2000.

1. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    I am looking to get a GK 2x10 with horn. This cabinet tilts back like a monitor. Anyone have any experience with this?

2. The Keeper

The Keeper

Sep 2, 2000
    No experience with it, but I've heard that GK cabs don't usually put out the best sound and aren't as reliable as they should be. Also, if it's a tilt back try to stay away from using it as anything but a stage monitor. You'll get some bad sound angles for the audience if you're trying to play out with this. Try to find someplace to try it out if you're concerned about the sound quality at all.
    Good luck!

3. tripwamsley

tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    This is Trip from GK. I have used two 210 RBH cabs since 1998. No problems at all. They really do blast. I swear. Before I got hooked by GK I used Bag Ends. They are really good I think. Judge for yourself. The speakers have an extra 1/4 inch of throw, so they really move! Hope this helps.

4. I love my 210 RBH. A great cabinet for everything I play.

5. tripwamsley

tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    I really SWEAR by mine. I ditched a pair of BAG ENDS when I got mine. Had 'em since '98. I'm Glad to hear that you like them!!