Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gallien Krueger 400 RB 115

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by barroso, Nov 7, 2002.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i found a used one. can you please tell me your experience with this amp?
    i like the sound and i'd love to have your feedback about reliability and about your experience.

thanks!

[​IMG]

2. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    I recently got to play thru a guy's 400RB head. It was running thru a 12" EV speaker in a bag end cabinet. It sounded great! Nice fat tone(I play a MIM Jazz with TI jazz flats) The guy told me it got full of dust and sand, from when he lived in California. But other than a dirty volume pot, it worked fine-and this thing looked like it had taken quite a beating.
    Really puts my faith in GK products. I may get one myself one of these days.

3. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    I like the GK stuff alot. I'd prefer going the head/cab setup route but I don't think you can go wrong with it. Go for it.

4. wannabe_bassist

wannabe_bassist Guest

Jan 25, 2002
    Florida
    I have the 210 (2x10") model of this. I want to add the RBS115 cab to it.

I love the GK sound and the quality is great.

Weighs a ton though.

You can get the 210 and 115 together in a package deal for $999 from most major music stores. I should have sprung for the extra dough.

This is my practice amp in the bedroom though until I picked up the GK Backline 110.

I love the distortion channel on the Backline series!

5. Classic5

Classic5

Mar 31, 2002
    Australia
    I've had my GK400rb (head only) for about 15 years now. Works as well now as it did then.

I had an audition for a band last night and hooked it up through the Bag End S15D and my Trace Elliot 2x10, and boy did it rock. I got the gig too:D

I am in the process of upgrading though to get more bottom end and volume. I think I would have struggled using the 400RB with just one speaker. But with an extension cab it should be right for most situations. Handled my 5 string quite well.

I'll still keep my current unit as a backup.

6. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Many moons ago, I used an old 400RB with a separate 115RBS many times for roadhouse dives and smaller rooms. It's got blenty of boom. Forget upper register clarity and it ain't exactly "sweet," but it will get the job done and mine was always reliable.