Gallien Krueger 400RB-III combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Golem II, Sep 22, 2002.

1. Golem II

Golem II

Jan 4, 2002
    Macon, GA, USA
    I had the opportunity to play through one of these (the 15" combo version) that belonged to another band at a gig this evening. I'd have to say that's the loudest 150 watts I've ever heard from a bass amp. I was running sound for the band that owned it, and I had to yell at the bass player to turn down repeatedly. Of course, when my band's turn came up, I cranked that mutha :D . In what I would say was a medium-size club, it cut through (more like drowned out) a Peavey Delta Blues and a Yamaha 100-watt 12" combo without any trouble. I'd say it seemed a little more powerful than the rig I used last time I played that club, an 80's SVT on a Peavey 810TVX. It put my little yamaha preamp/poweramp+aguilar 112 rig to shame. I'd say the sound was a little "boxy", and not the warmest tone in the world, but a sansamp BDDI would probably help it in that respect.

Any other opinions on this amp?
  2. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    I have one and like it very much. I opted for the 1x15 bottom for a fuller sound. While at one of my local music stores I noticed a 1x15 400RBIII on top of a gk 4x10 cab. I asked my buddy to plug up the tens to the 1x15 combo and picked up a jazz bass. I cranked the volume half way and let it rip, to say I was inpressed was an understatement. the sound was very clear and robust. Granted I could not dial up the mudd, but I dont like the muddy sound. Some like this equipment, some dont. ymmy