1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gallien Krueger 410 RBX Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by matt_oc6, Apr 9, 2010.

1. matt_oc6

matt_oc6

Feb 28, 2010
    Just bought one of these cabs and am having problems hooking my amp up to it. My speaker cable doesnt fit into the horn bi-amp hole. There is another little thing over to the right that says full range above it bit it is blocked off by a little nut/bolt type thing, do i need to take this off and plug my speaker cable into that? If this is the case how do i go about doing it? i've unscrewed the end off it but the plastic part it screws onto seems to be stuck inside there.

Below is a photo of what i'm talking about (note: this picture already has the bolt thing removed)

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x130/matt_oc6/410RBX.jpg

2. matt_oc6

matt_oc6

Feb 28, 2010
  3. Those pics are no help, but to clarify; The input on the far left is a "Speakon" jack. In order to utilize this (recommended) you will need a speaker cable with a Speakon NL-4 connector. And, if you want to take advantage of G-K's "HMS"/ bi amp feature, it would need a four conductor cable as well.
    The other jack is a conventional 1/4" phone jack, and is evidently covered by a dummy plug to prevent air leaks if using the Speakon jack.
    EDIT
    BTW; Most dummy plugs I've seen just pull out of the jack.

4. therh

therh

Mar 16, 2010
    Houston, Texas
    It will not fit in the 1/4 jack? I should be strait forward. I will have to agree with the above. I think you are trying to put a 1/4 in a speakon, that will not work. And do not try to force it either.

5. username1

username1

Dec 28, 2005
    alberta canada
    My gk rbx810 had the same plug in the 1/4" jack. Just pull it out with some pliers. Its just a plastic plug in it.

6. Thunder Pulse

Thunder Pulse

May 12, 2007
    Correct. It's just a plug.

7. Yup it's a plug. You can actually just use your fingernail under it and it pops right off. I had the same thing on my GK Neo 112 II. Embarrassed but I had to call GK to figure it out. They said they get so many calls about the "plug removal" that they are thinking about changing the color. I almost removed the whole jack on mine!
    Brent