Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gallien-Krueger 410BLX-II 4 x 10 Bass Cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Z0r, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Z0r

Z0r

Jan 16, 2005
    its pretty inexpensive ($300) but i dunno how good/bad it is, so do u think this would be worth buying? [​IMG]

2. i thought i read that this is essentially the same cab as gk's 410 sbx only w/out the tweeter - i thought the sbx was a pretty good cab, but i've played on a blx or blx-II - hope this helps...

3. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    I doubt that the SBX and BLX cabinets have the same speakers, especially when looking at the prices.

The Backline tens don't do much for me. I played through a 2x10 and it was alright, especially considering the price, but it didn't stand out or anything from the rest of the budget 2x10 cabinets. I felt it lacked punch and depth (it was on top of a 4x10SBX [SBX not connected], so it still had floor coupling) and had no character. Also, even right next to my ears, it didn't seem loud (then again, it could have been filling up the entire shop). I would guess that the 4x10 is louder and may have more low end because you can't tilt it back (creating more volume per cone). But at the price point, go Avatar or another brand.

4. I use the Backline 4x10 along with an SBX 1x15 and this cab rocks the house. I drive it with a 1001rb 540 watts @4 ohms. Use your ears and don't push your cabs beyond their limits. I can get great deep, rich sound from my 4x10 / 1x15 combination. Of course the Line 6 floor pod does add depth and tonal quality to the palette. I always get compliments on my sound. No diggity!