Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gallien Krueger 700RB II

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lord, Feb 15, 2005.

1. lord

lord

Feb 15, 2005
    what do you think about this amp?
    http://www.gallien-krueger.com/products_artist_hd_700.html
    does anybody have any kind of expirience with it?

POWER <1% THD: Main Amp-480W@4ohm, 320W@8ohm, 1 kHz. -- Horn Amp-50W@8ohm, 5kHz
    COOLING: Continuously Variable Speed Fan
    INPUT SECTION: Ultra low noise S/N>90dB, Clip LED, -14dB Pad, Volume, Mute Switch and Mute LED
    VOICING FILTERS: 5/4 String Voicing, Adjustable Contour and Presence
    EQUALIZER: In-Series Four Band Active
    OUTPUT: Boost, Tweeter Level w/ Hi-Cut Switch and Woofer Level with Hi-Cut Switch
    DIRECT OUT: XLR, Ground Lift, Pre/Post Switch and Level Control
    PATCHING: Send, Return and Tuner Out
    SPEAKER OUTPUT: Two 1/4" and Two HMS Compatible Speakon Connectors
    WEIGHT: 16.5 lbs
    DIMENSIONS: 17.5"W x 3.5"H x 8"D

2. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave

Oct 17, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Have it. Love it. ROCKS!!

3. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    +1

4. toby

toby

Feb 10, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    I have it, it has plenty of power. Be prepared to roll of the highs depending on your bass unless you want to kill your horns. I bought that stack with the GK 1x15 and 2x10 sbx combo. I do not recomend this combo. Those cabs are pretty much junk. Ive had to replace the woofers twice. The GK RBH cabs are sweet though and sound great with this head. And an eden 410 xlt is super awesome with it. You need a 4 pin speakon cable to run it biamp(with gk rbh cabs) so make sure your not trying to use a 2 pin. All in all, this head is pretty cool and a good deal for the cash.

5. 'JC'

'JC'

Mar 14, 2000

Damn.
    I was considering that exact rig you spoke of.
    How long have you had it and where'd you get it at?

6. We've replaced the speakers in the 700RB stack. The 115SBX is now a 400 watt cast frame and the 210SBX will be getting a pair of 200 watt speakers very soon. The problem was mainly the 15. If you have a 210SBX or 115SBX and you blow a speaker, contact GK, we'll replace them free of charge. No need to ship the cabinet back to us or anything like that

7. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    It's reasons like this that I love GK... always on the ball.

8. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave

Oct 17, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Yeah...the SBX series cabs are a different story altogether. My 115SBX is currently in the shop for a woofer replacement.

Contacted Daniel Elliot with the hope that I could aquire a replacement speaker quickly, but was referred to someone else at GK who asked me to bring it to a shop about 40 miles from my house which has a 3-4 week turn around. Obviously not too happy about that considering my band has four gigs set-up during that time frame. However, I'm sure GK did the best they could to rectify the situation so I'll just have to deal with it. Fortunately, I still have my Hartke system for a back-up during the interim.

9. 'JC'

'JC'

Mar 14, 2000

Nice service here on TB.

Can you tell me as of when this took effect?
    Or should I call up GK?

10. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Had an 700RB, and liked it quite a bit. Sold it out due to redundancy, and that the other amp I had at the time was a little busted, so selling it would have been even harder. Don't miss it, but wish I'd spent more time with it.

11. Big Groove

Big Groove

Mar 2, 2004
    Hey Dirty Dave,
    Give me a call @GK and I'll take care of you. Ext. 107.
    BG

12. Big Groove

Big Groove

Mar 2, 2004
    I believe the 115SBX-II came out shortly after summer 2004.

13. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    BG,

Please check your Private Messages regarding commercial users rules.

Thanks! :cool: