Gallien Krueger 800RB - $395 shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by The Clap, Jan 31, 2006.

1. The Clap

The Clap

Jan 5, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    This item is SOLD - Thanks for looking

I have up for sale one Gallien Krueger 800RB bass amp. I bought this unit new 2 years ago, and it's in 100% working order. These amps are known for being exceptionally durable and for having a loud poweramp for its 400W rating. What can I say, this amp is a classic! I used it on abour 60 gigs early on with absolutely no problems, but for the last year it's been relegated to practice duty only. Basically, this amp has been treated lightly in its lifetime, and is in excellent mechanical shape. There are more reviews than you can shake a stick at on

One issue to notice is that the knob faces are missing, and so I've painted white stripes on the top of the knobs to orient them. I think the amp may actually look better *without* the grey knob faces, but in any event the lines I painted are accurately aligned and the price is reduced to reflect this flaw.

Please Private Message with any questions

Buy with confidence, I've dealt with many TBers before
  2. The Clap

The Clap

Jan 5, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    More pics. This is the right side, which has the largest blemish. The front looks great though, and if you're rack mounting that's all that counts :)
  3. mlwarriner

mlwarriner Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
  4. puff father

puff father

Jan 20, 2006
    Endicott, NY
    If I didn't already have one, I'd buy this one!

5. The Clap

The Clap

Jan 5, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    All PMs replied to, this amp is still available
  6. Tomac

Jan 2, 2006
    Boise Idaho
    I have a Carvin PB 200 combo , whose amp is blown. Cab and speaker are in great shape. Question....The speaker is a PS15 400 watt 15" woofer for its deep bass down to 41 Hz.. Is the GK 800 head too much for it? And any way I could rack it?

7. The Clap

The Clap

Jan 5, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    1) Well, you can never have too much power! Specifically though, you needn't worry about damaging your speakers by overpowering with this amp :)

2) Yes, this amp is rackmountable, you'll have to buy the 800RB rack ears though, I don't have them.

Is there another forum with the clap?
  8. woof*

Feb 3, 2006