Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gallien Krueger 800RB head w SKB case FS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Oldie but noobe, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Gallien Krueger 800 comes with an SKB hard case. The case just fits the head, no room for a tuner or whatever. The case shows wear and tear someone painted three letters on it.

Everything works fine. It is missing 3 of those little grey caps on the end of the knobs. It looks very clean.
    I bought it used I did not use it much (noobie).
    It just sits there so.
    The 800RB has the vertical power knob so that makes it a more recent model.

I will let it go for 400.00 shipped to the Lower 48 US.
    Sorry no trades I need the cash.

I have 111 ebay trades with 100% positive feedback I have only made a couple of trades here, they went well.
    I don't have any pics I will try to post some I have to borrow a camera

2. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Would you consider selling the case separately?

3. No, thanks

The case will help keep the head safe when it ships.

4. UtBDan

UtBDan Supporting Member

Oct 29, 2004
    Connecticut
    why you selling it?

5. I need some cash. I don't need a rig now. I am just a noobie. I was overcome by GAS and bought it.

I can tell you it lives up to the reviews in that link above. I really like the sound.

6. OK guys, so what's the problem here? The price. What.

One of these just sold last week on ebay for 401.00 + shipping with no case. So I know it's in the ballpark.

It is a great head, from what I hear it is bullet proof.

It is very clean.

Make some offers I could use a good laugh :D

7. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Astoria, Oregon
    I am actually in the market, do you have any more info on when it was made, any kind of history?

Thanks

8. I am sorry I don't have anything more than what I posted about the switch being vertical. I know the previous owner did gig with it.
    I know everything works I had it checked out in a local shop. One of the local weekend wariors, a buddy of mine said it was 100%

Help a brother out :D

9. willsellout

Aug 13, 2002
    Astoria, Oregon
    OK cool, I am covering all of my basses. What kind of payment do you take? Paypal, MO?

Thanks
    Dan

10. Paypal is fine or USPS MO

11. UtBDan

UtBDan Supporting Member

Oct 29, 2004
    Connecticut
    I'd be in the market if it came with a cab... right now I've only got combos and don't want to spend the money on something I wouldn't use for some time.

12. I have 2 avatar cabs listed but shipping will be a bunch at least 40.00 for 1 cab

13. willsellout

Aug 13, 2002
    Astoria, Oregon
    I have a bid on an older 800RB right now. If that falls through I will PM you. I am really stuck between the GK heads and an older Trace Elliot head..Gotta love em.

14. :hyper: :D

15. willsellout

Aug 13, 2002
    Astoria, Oregon
    Well, I won the auction at a tad over 3 bills. Good luck finding a buyer. These babies are amazing amps. Simple and amazing sounding. That's what I like about em'.

16. Where was it? I did not see it on ebay.
    Did it have a hard case? How much for shipping?

17. Still available ;)

18. :confused: Why do I still have this great head? :confused:

Make some offers :D