Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gallien Krueger 810SBX..?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by metalbass101, Oct 29, 2004.

1. metalbass101

metalbass101

Jan 24, 2004
    I am really interested in this cab. I haven't heard it but it seems interesting. I was wondering if any of you know any of the fine line details of it, or if somwonw has played with it or anything? Musicians friend gave it a good review. I was wondering if it could possibly even compare with the infamous SVT810E? Anything?

2. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Well, maybe you havent heard it, but I even havent heard about it - you mean to say GK has come out with an 810?

3. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
  4. FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 36Hz to 19 kHz + 5dB
    SENSITIVITY: 105dB

Sounds very impressive on paper... lighter than the ampeg, same power handling, horn to boot. Looks like GK is out to destroy the 810e! :D Those specs above make it very appealing to me! Sigh... i miss my old 400RBIII.

5. metalbass101

metalbass101

Jan 24, 2004
    Yeah,Mr.Elliot, it'd be nice if you could shed some light on this.

6. Current users are Adam Russell of Story of The Year, Mike Davenport from The Ataris, and Casey Orr from The Burden Brothers. These guys were diehard ampeg 810 users especially Mike.

7. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Thats cool. However, 410s would be the biggest I'd use for as far into the future I can see. But that 105 dB efficiency is nice.

8. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Mike Davenport's tone was amazing on "End is Forever" with his GK 800RB/Ampeg cab. Dan, can you tell me if he's still using the GK 800RB, or if he's upgraded?

9. StingRay5guy

StingRay5guy Guest

Oct 14, 2004
    I've played through one of the GK 810's and they sound incredible. I think GK might have overcome Ampeg's 810. I don't know if I would buy one though. I think i'll stick with my GK 410 +115 stack. More versatile. Makes it alot easier to play multiple gigs in one day. Well, on my leaving note, if you need a good 810, go to GK.

10. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Just got to see burden brothers last night at the green room in joplin missouri. Good show, and that 8-10 is a massive wall of wicked head thumping bass! That drummer from Gwar was very impressive! I wasnt texpecting much from those guys but they put on a good show!

11. The hire rig I use for our local entertainment centre (about 6000 seats) is StingRay5guy's rig - the GK410 + 115 (I also use my Stingray 5 with it). When I compare the sound of the GK cabs running my Ashdown ABM500 head to sound of my Sovtek 4x10 + Hartke 115, there is so much more punch/bottom end growl/clarityin the GK rig its crazy! I cant say enough good things about the GK410 cabs - they make my MusicMan sound like I always dreamed. If the 4x10 cab is good enough to sell your organs for, then the the 810 would be sweet for any large room gig IMO. Just get a roadie to help you with moving it!

12. He uses the 2001RB now.

13. ravlin

ravlin

Oct 12, 2004
    the gk 810. i went to the factory to try one out because i live just close enough for it not to be an inconvenience. it is awesome. they had two ampeg 810e's down there and when i asked them what was up they said that they blew both of them up running side by side comparisons with their new 810. the weapon was a b string and a thumb. i was sold. very tight and clear and enough low end to push a bus. also very efficent as i only turn up about 1/4 on my 540w 1001rb and i drown everything in the room. my only complaint is that my band always complain about me being too loud. i just love the way it sounds too much to want to hear any thing else. noone carries them that i know of but they are easy to order through any gk dealer. if i had the need i would have two

14. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Anyone know what these things run in USD$?

15. xJasonSmithx

xJasonSmithx Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2003
    Memphis, TN
    I got mine from musicians friend. It was the only place I found that carried it. They sell them for $899.00 plus it was $92 shipping for me.

-Jason