Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gallien-Krueger Backline 112 100W vs Fender Rumble 100 Combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fuzzybuzzy, Jun 15, 2005.

1. fuzzybuzzy

fuzzybuzzy

Dec 4, 2004
    I need a new amp and I was wondering if i should get the Backline 112($179)or the Fender Rumble 100($299). If you could help quickly because the backline is on clearance that would be nice. Thanks. :bassist:

2. i have the backline 112 and i like the fender much better. the lows sound way more defined, and it's worth the extra $ IMO.

3. If you tilt the Backline 112 back, it will lose some low end, but if you play it in the upright position, it will have much more low end. This is true of all cabinets that are tilted back. It's called floor coupling.

4. mike1968

mike1968 Guest

Nov 12, 2004
    e'ville Indiana
    I have the rumble and I am not disapointed, I do not gig but do play with a drummer and a guitarist who has a mesa boogie ?50 watt all tube and have no trouble at all. Really good tone even if you dime it.For the money I would recommend the rumble.I have heard , not experienced, that the backline combos tend to have rattles in them.the only thing that rattles with my rumble are my windows,things on my shelves , my wifes nerves ect...I had a combo that had rattles in it when I cranked it up, I was able to locate and isolate those rattles and it greatly improved the amp but it was a pain in the #$*%*%^%$$*&*$ at the same time. Who wants to monkey with an amp when you can plug and play.

5. mike1968

mike1968 Guest

Nov 12, 2004
    e'ville Indiana
  6. fuzzybuzzy

fuzzybuzzy

Dec 4, 2004
    If I do get the rumble, do you think it is worth going on ebay to look for a used one?

7. mike1968

mike1968 Guest

Nov 12, 2004
    e'ville Indiana
    At 60 + pounds and appox 30x24x14 no box I would think shipping would cost at least $70.00.you would have to pay less than $150 for it to be a good deal to me and then I wonder. MF and sam ash has them(rumble 100) all day long for $299.00 + free shipping.

8. mike1968

mike1968 Guest

Nov 12, 2004
    e'ville Indiana
    I may be incorrect about free shipping, both sites advertised that for awhile but I notice it is not listed anymore. Mine was shipped free but that was around christmas .

9. fuzzybuzzy

fuzzybuzzy

Dec 4, 2004
    So you guys think I should get the rumble 100 and you don't think its worth going on ebay for. Thanks.