Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gallien Krueger Backline 115

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Viper X, Jul 18, 2002.

1. Excellent

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. Good

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Average

10 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. A piece of ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Anyone that has this Gallien Krueger Backline 115 125W or has tried it please let me know if it's a really good amp or just a piece of ****!

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

We have a Forum for Amps. It is called Amps. This Forum is for Basses.

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    This is the second thread of yours that I have had to move. In the future, before posting a new thread, decide which forum it should be in, and put it in the appropriate one.

Thank you.

Moved.

4. sorry guys, I forgot!

5. Jbass987

Jbass987

Mar 20, 2002
    Rapid City, SD
    For some crazy reason, this looks to me to be the amp forum, or I'm I missing something?

6. ChenNuts44

ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    probably the fact that it has already been moved J... ;)

7. Jbass987

Jbass987

Mar 20, 2002
    Rapid City, SD
    I see, sorry, my mistake.

8. ChenNuts44

ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    lol, no prob man... just thought i'd let you know so we could clear up the mystery

9. ashton

ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    Australia
    Glad to see everythings in order, moving right along.

Lukas ;)

PS....if Embellisher is 'falling out of love with J basses' I got plenty of love to share, send a few my way.

10. Wes Whitmore

Wes Whitmore Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    I brought this amp, and the KG1001RB 2x10 home with me for an A/B comparison. I really wanted to like the Backline 15, since it was more than half the price. I also have a Carvin 100-15, which should have been similar in performance. I couldn't get the backline to go low at all without sounded seriously overworked. If I cranked it up, it would bark at me. At super low volumes, it wasn't bad. I tried for 4 hours to get that thing to sound good, but I just couldn't get it to work. It very well might have been my EDA900 going through it though. It has a funky bottom end anyhow, but both the Carvin and the GK1001RB processes it very well. For the money, I would get the Carvin-200 or something similar. Or try it with another bass and see what you feel about it.
    Wes

11. Be sure to check out the GK 400RB-115 combo. It'll give you the 1001 tone but for less money.