Gallien Krueger Backline series cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Nuggierox, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Nuggierox

Jun 29, 2003
    Has anyone ever used the GK backline series cabs? I am thinking about snatching 2 of those GK backline 8x10's but I am a little unsure of their sound and construction quality, anyone have anything either positive or negative to say about them?
  2. Rat

Mar 15, 2005
    Boston Sewers
    all the backline stuff I played trou sounded good must have a truck
  3. Nuggierox

Jun 29, 2003
    We carry all of our stuff in a trailer when we are on the road.
  4. big evil robot

big evil robot

Feb 27, 2005
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Innovations Music - Retailer
    I find my 410 to be pretty good, though I've been thinking a lot about the yorkville 8x8 lately.
    I find the 410 sounds pretty well defined but it lacks a bit of low end punch. The 810 may make up for that with higher volume.
  5. The 810 has a lower resonant speaker in it so it has a lower frequency response. The tradeoff is there is not as much high end.
  6. big evil robot

big evil robot

Feb 27, 2005
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Innovations Music - Retailer
    *cough* backline 2x12 *cough* would rule *cough*
  7. Spanky2112

Aug 20, 2003
    Utica, NY
    I believe that the "backline series" has been upgraded. I recently bought an "artist series" mark IV 210 combo. I was looking at the backline 210 combo and it has has a new "sleeker" look to it, the GC guy said there was some new improvements to all backline stuff. Apparently the artist series has been d/c, which is way I got a FAT deal on it!!
  8. PlayTheBass

PlayTheBass aka Mac Daddy

Dec 7, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    I play regularly with a drummer who works for GK, and he sometimes supplies the "backline", and in one case it was the 8x10. GK's not normally my cup of tea, but I thought it sounded great.
  9. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Personally, I'd go for an Avatar before a GK Backline Series. About the same money, but the Avatar stuff is with out a doubt better and YES I have played both! :D