Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gallien Krueger Backline series

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Greg Johnsen, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    Hey guys, I've been playing for about a year, and I just bought a 6 string, and I need to upgrade amps as well. My puny rumble 15 can't handle a low b (much less a d) and I've been thinking about the backline series. I can buy the 210 combo (or 115 combo) with the 115 (or 210) to put on the bottom.

I like to play jazz, metal, rock, funk and alternative. Will these handle my needs or so I need to get the next higher up combo?

Thanks,
    Greg

2. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    What kind of price range are you looking at and how large of a venue do you regularly play at?

3. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    Check and make sure the Backline combos have the ability to add on extension cabinets. When I looked into it a while back they didnt.

4. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    Uhh, my budget is around 800 and I want to get a 210 and a 115. The Backlin amps can connect with other backlines for extension (I made sure I could connect the 115 and the 210)

are these ok for the money? 400 for the 115 (w/ the head) and 200 for the 210?

Greg

5. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

For that money you can do MUCH better. Kustom Groove Bass 1200 watt head ($529 shipped on Ebay, plus I just saw a thread of somebody blowing them out for $469 shipped) and a 2x12 cab from Avatar. The rig will blow the GK Backline to smithereens!!! It's not even a contest...

6. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    Sure, they are fine for the money if you want to buy new.

You may want to look at a higher quality used rig for that kind of budget.

But anyways...

The GK website appears to be down but on the Musicians Freind website it shows the backline 115 combo as 125/175w and the 210 combo at 200/300w at 8/4 ohms.

I would get the 210 with the 115 extension cab.

Click here

and here.

Mo watts is ALWAYS mo bettah.

:D

Joe.