Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gallien Krueger Cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Vipa, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Vipa

Vipa

Aug 11, 2005
    Hi newbie here....

I know there are plenty of threads talking about GK cabs but I need to be more specific.

I'm in the market for a new cab (the first of 2) to go with my GK 1001RB-II head.

I thought I'd made my decision and was going for a 410RBH with a 115RBH being added down the line.

I've been reading with interest about the NEO cabs and am now becoming a little indecisive with the thoughts of a NEO 212 & later a NEO115 being added.

I appreciate the weight issues which is why my thoughts are moving towards the NEOs but:

If price AND WEIGHT are not an issue are the RBH cabs significantly better pieces of equipment than the NEOs?

Cheers
    Paul

2. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    All of the pro gear that GK has IMO is top notch wheather it is the SBX series, neo, or RBH series, it's all good.

Here is a thread from about a month ago or so.

It talked specificlty about GK cabs, I know alot of the GK guys around here really like the neo series.

I've had to exerpiance with em, so can't tell ya how they sound or anything, but if you read the above link you will get lots of info.

-Rob

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    All three cabs are tonally quite different, unfortunately, I have no experience with the NEO's either, I think a few GK abusers will be coming this way soon.

4. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    I'll toss in a quick nod to the GK Neo112. I wasen't thrilled at first, but since have gotten used to the tone and like it. Pretty balanced overall. It has better mids than I would have expected, pretty growly. Definite difference compared to the ceramic speakers which I consider a little warmer sounding. GK does a respectable job with thier cabinets.

5. BUMP :bag:

6. The Reff

The Reff

Feb 11, 2004
    Denmark
    I love my two 410RBH's :) :)