1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Gallien Krueger Club. GK Rules !

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tunaman, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Kro

Kro Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    New Jersey
    Just going silent won't block the interference that cell phones may emit though, and it isn't just amps that can be affected IME.

Airplane mode actually stops the phone from emitting anything that could be picked up.

2. Stevorebob

Stevorebob Well... I Am Here, Aren't I? Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Silent mode does not turn off WiFi, Bluetooth and cellular reception and transmission. Airplane mode does.

3. bassmike2010

bassmike2010

May 28, 2010
    Houston
    Yes airplane mode is best. But I don't have that problem with my RB/ wireless.

Stevorebob likes this.
  4. sposey549

sposey549

Jun 20, 2018
    Can anyone give me some info on the 210RBH cabinet? I can get one for a good price and was wondering if this cabinet paired with another 210RBH or a 115RBH would be good for metal?
    Thanks

madjazzbass and NeonVomit like this.
  5. NeonVomit

NeonVomit

Jan 29, 2013
    London, UK
    They're rock-solid, but pretty heavy. They use the bi-amp feature if that's something you'd be interested in. Great sound and can take a lot of punishment, a very no-compromise design that's stood the test of time. I think they discontinued them because not many people were buying 210s, instead preferring the 410 or 115.

Personally I like having 4 10's for any metal bands I play in - punchier with strong mids and better at cutting through the mix. So pairing it with another 210RBH would be my choice.

son_of_mogh likes this.
  6. AstralBirth

AstralBirth Supporting Member

Loving the CX 410 now that I no longer have the Neo 410. :laugh:

Attached Files:

7. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Audio Mike Lull Custom Guitars Gallien Krueger amplification Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass Electronics
    I like the CX 410 more than the NEO 410...
    Nice, stoked for You.

RevGroove and AstralBirth like this.
  8. kbakerde

kbakerde Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Delaware
    Back in! Gen I 400RB
    28A0C775-3348-414A-A1E4-BCBA631DA387.

Attached Files:

9. NDpeppers

NDpeppers Supporting Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Los Angeles,CA
    I kinda have the same rig but with a 800rb and Avatar B212 Neo :thumbsup:

kbakerde likes this.
  10. kbakerde

kbakerde Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Delaware
    My Avatar is a 4 ohm Neo as well.

NDpeppers likes this.
  11. joel406

joel406

Dec 27, 2013
    Florida
    I have decided to pull the trigger.

CX410 4ohm.

Ordering this weekend.

The only place I can find it is Musicians Friend. I’ve never ordered from them before. Always used Sweetwater.

How are they? I hear good things. I would think they are as good.

Any input would be great.

RevGroove, AstralBirth and TonyP- like this.
  12. Klondike

Klondike

Dec 22, 2014
    Joliet, IL. USA
    I do t think they are as good as sweet water but they could sure be worse. Keep in mind Musicians Friend is owned by GC.

bassmike2010, Rickter and AstralBirth like this.
  13. Sub-Frequency

Sub-Frequency

Sep 19, 2017
    I use both, and they are both top notch retailers.

Klondike and Blankandson like this.
  14. AstralBirth

AstralBirth Supporting Member

I absolutely love mines and will agree that it holds a much tighter response on the lo mid department better than the Neo 410’s (Also less bulky in the depth department even though the CX410 weigh a tad more then NEO410). I’m close to pulling the trigger on a CX 210 from sweetwater but I hardly see any reviews about them on TB search.

15. groovaholic

groovaholic The louder the better. Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI
    It seems like a vertical stack of two CX-210 would be a great rig...

16. Al Kraft

Al Kraft Supporting Member

May 2, 2016
    Northern Virginia
    I used to order from MF and had a buddy who managed a GC store (he went there when a local music store closed). They are a business just like any other and IME will do a fine job delivering what you order at a decent price. They are also good about returns if you're not satisfied.

IMO Sweetwater is a cut above in terms of customer service at more of a concierge level and their business model is more "family owned internet store" than mega chain store/internet mega giant. You should be fine with MF and they will not send you seconds or used gear or anything like that.

17. Rickter

Rickter

Nov 30, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    One of the fellows in a Darkglass thread has a pair of CX210s powered by an MB Fusion and he really loves the setup. Whole heartedly recommends it.

AstralBirth likes this.
  18. Rickter

Rickter

Nov 30, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    I'm really trying to tamp down my desire to order a CX210 and CX115....

AstralBirth likes this.
  19. joel406

joel406

Dec 27, 2013
    Florida
    Thanks for the replies. Can’t wait to get this. Will be a good match to my MB-800 fusion.

AstralBirth and RevGroove like this.
  20. jw23mind

jw23mind

Jan 16, 2017
    Reading MA
    I'll chime in, that I think the CX210 is really good value. That 4 ohm CX410 will be amazing, I'm sure. Good choice!

AstralBirth likes this.