1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gallien Krueger Club. GK Rules !

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tunaman, Feb 20, 2014.

1. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Audio Mike Lull Custom Guitars Gallien Krueger amplification Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass Electronics
  2. Stevorebob

Stevorebob Well... I Am Here, Aren't I? Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Ima be there!

TonyP- likes this.
  3. Kro

Kro Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    New Jersey
    I live in New Jersey. :crying:

4. Rickter

Rickter Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Would love to hear how that new rig works out for you at that outside show. I'm loving my CX210 and contemplating a 2nd one or a Cx115. The new rig looks sweet. I'm sure it sounds equally nice.

5. bumperbass

bumperbass Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2012
    I was thinking of buying another Neo112, but I see the price has jumped to $649. That's almost boutique in price.
    Guess I'll keep checking the classifieds.

bassmike2010 and AstralBirth like this.
  6. Red Planet

Red Planet

May 29, 2005
    Atlanta
    Will definitely let you know. I'm using my 700RB with them this weekend.

bassmike2010 likes this.
  7. Red Planet

Red Planet

May 29, 2005
    Atlanta

So what is the specific question about this arangment? How it sounds? How tall it is? Can I hear it better as its taller?

Just got done playing it in this arrangement.

If my math is correct the two of them vertical is 46 inches tall and the horizontal are 38 inches tall making a difference of 8 inches.

8. Red Planet

Red Planet

May 29, 2005
    Atlanta
    38 inches as they are from the factory stacked horizontal/normal.

9. Red Planet

Red Planet

May 29, 2005
    Atlanta

10. Truth since their classified market price should be around $300. Good luck!

11. Red Planet

Red Planet

May 29, 2005
    Atlanta
    So after playing the 210 cabs stacked vertical I cannot hear a dimes worth of difference. Of course I'm not able to direct AB as that would take four cabs and two identical amps. I cant tell a difference anyway. There may be some hearing difference out on the gig as they are 8 inches taller but in my studio with no one in there I cant tell a difference. Perhaps if I played at a lower volume I could tell some difference (I played the amp cranked).

yeldarb69 (Brad), AstralBirth and Kro like this.
  12. Looking at the height differences, the cx210’s stacked vertically gets almost as close to height as 8x10 Neo Cabs (by like 3 inches away).

Also 3 inches away tall from the Neo 412 cabs stacked horizontally. Very interesting.. :whistle:

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  13. Red Planet

Red Planet

May 29, 2005
    Atlanta
    I ordered a set of the GK covers that go with the CX210 cabs, they came in today. Thank God, I wasn't wanting to take the cabs out to a gig without the covers. I must say these covers are way better quality than I was expecting. They are padded and are very high quality. At this quality level the price shipped is a good value for sure.

RockDoc, Al Kraft and AstralBirth like this.
  14. RockDoc

RockDoc

Jan 5, 2007
    Hey RP, did you get the GK covers, or after-market ones, and from which vendor (if I may ask)?

15. Red Planet

Red Planet

May 29, 2005
    Atlanta
    Sorry I should have clarified that. I got the GK covers off the GK website. You can order them direct from GKs website. They are very nice and padded.

CX210 / CX115 COVER - gallien-krueger.com

AstralBirth, Spector2112 and RockDoc like this.
  16. Chris Y

Chris Y

Feb 2, 2019
    Darwin NT
    Was just looking around the GK website at speakers, interesting to note the little MB112 and MBP112 replacement is 300w @ 4ohms while the Neo 112 and MB212 replacements are 300w @ 8ohms.
    I reckon that gives the little MB112 and MBP112 plenty of room to move with their 200w amps.
    Oh yeh, just bought a new MBP112 to build my little stack. :bassist:
    Now I just got to wait 2 weeks for it to get to my part of the world :rolleyes:

Last edited: May 18, 2019 at 5:20 PM
    Red Planet and AstralBirth like this.
  17. I have a strong feeling their MB Combos are rated more than what they are labeled :rolleyes:

Red Planet likes this.
  18. Chris Y

Chris Y

Feb 2, 2019
    Darwin NT
    @AstralBirth I think you might be right, the little MB200 amp is rated 140w @ 8ohms, if they are using the same amp in the little combos that are running 4ohm speakers I guess they would be pushing 280w :thumbsup:

19. Nah... they just have a low-mid forward voicing to them. That voice pushes your bass tone forward substantially without using that much more power from the amplifier. I suspect they roll of the really low bass around 50Hz, too to keep more power available for what you actually hear.

20. FirewalZ

FirewalZ

Aug 14, 2014
    S.E. Michigan
    Used my MB212-ii last night with my new Am Pro P...sounded great, big full sound but very clear and even. The amp is a bit overkill for this room, but I can load it in one handed.

BassRig copy.JPG