1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gallien Krueger Club. GK Rules !

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tunaman, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Damn, hope you didn’t blow any toupees off with that killer combo!

2. FirewalZ

FirewalZ

Aug 14, 2014
    S.E. Michigan
    Ironically enough it was a Yacht Club gig:)

Kro likes this.
  3. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016

4. Red Planet

Red Planet

May 29, 2005
    Atlanta
    So the gig last night was at a large Marina restaurant on Lake Chatuge, a grand opening. The place was slammed, there were people everywhere. NEW pair of CX210 Cabs performed very well. I really like these cabs paired with the 700RB as I can crank the 700RB enough to get it percolating. Didn't get any gig pics, it was mayhem out there last night. We had already finished the night when a large group came in from another club and begged us to play more so we cranked it back up.

Anyway back to the new cabs. Man they really do compliment that pushed sound with the 700RB. What have a I been missing all this time? Nice and easy carry as well. Stage was a little boomy so I disengaged the 5 string control and back the bass control down a fair amount. Everything else was at noon except master and gain. Master & Boost was at 3:00 and gain at 11:00. Definitely had that GK punchy growl going especially with my G&L LB-100.

I did get this from one of our fan club, just starting the 3rd set.

5. keto

keto

Mar 3, 2016
    Edmonton
    Whoa, Rick Flair is your singer? Who knew he was a bongo man too!

Red Planet and AstralBirth like this.
  6. WOOOOO!!!!!

keto likes this.
  7. cmcbass

cmcbass

Jan 4, 2018
    Minneapolis
    I have a pair of cx-410's. Nice and affordable, plus they sound great to me!
    IMG_20190131_162456. IMG_20190131_160150.

AdamR, Rickter, scottm and 1 other person like this.
  8. Red Planet

Red Planet

May 29, 2005
    Atlanta
    That is Mr Cool himself.
    Our singer is sooooo cool he has his own following and that is not an exaggeration.

keto likes this.
  9. Red Planet

Red Planet

May 29, 2005
    Atlanta
    cmcbass and bassmike2010 like this.
  10. Red Planet

Red Planet

May 29, 2005
    Atlanta
    And whats even funnier is he says I am the loudest bass player on planet earth.
    He says bass players are supposed to blend into the background.
    I tell him he so silly, bass players are supposed to thunder.

11. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Audio Mike Lull Custom Guitars Gallien Krueger amplification Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass Electronics
    I would like to say thanks to the TB-ers I was able to meet at the event this weekend, thanks for coming out :thumbsup:

12. Stevorebob

Stevorebob Well... I Am Here, Aren't I? Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    It was great. Let me drop these here:
    fullsizeoutput_1106. fullsizeoutput_110e. fullsizeoutput_1116.
    @Jon Moody, Pancho Tomaselli, @TonyP-.

13. RockDoc

RockDoc

Jan 5, 2007
    So, did you guys give the Legacy 800 a run through, and if so, what's the word?

wave rider likes this.
  14. bassmike2010

bassmike2010

May 28, 2010
    Houston

Then there was this one job, docked alittle close to the clubhouse.
    Swears your Master/ Boost was dimed.

NO WORRIES.

Red Planet likes this.
  15. Yeah... about that...

16. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Audio Mike Lull Custom Guitars Gallien Krueger amplification Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass Electronics
    The Legacy was not released due to legal testing. Poop happens

BrentSimons, nls666, Rickter and 3 others like this.
  17. Red Planet

Red Planet

May 29, 2005
    Atlanta
    I know GK got a substantial fine a few years ago for not having some sort of crappy government digital device approval. They prolly were expecting it sooner.

18. Red Planet

Red Planet

May 29, 2005
    Atlanta
    So this coming weekends Gig I'm thinking about using the pair of CX2X10 cabs with the MBF500. This is a semi outside inside gig kind of thing up in the mountains. The stage is facing the big room but the stage is open to a beach on the outside. There should be a fair amount of peeps there. We are booked at this place once a month all the way through 2020. We generally pack the place and they make loads of cash. So mainly I like to mix it up and play different stuff. Our really big outside repeating gig is not till 6-15 as the last one was 5-4. We have a smaller gig on 6-8 I'm thinking of using the MBF500 and my two 1x12s again or maybe one of the 2x10 cabs?

Anyone got any thoughts on these pairings?

I do love the tone of the 700RB cranked through the 2x10s but I will prolly make that my big rig and other combinations of medium to smaller.
    Quite honestly the 1001RB is too much amp for me, but I do love it IMO the best bass amp ever built.

bassmike2010, Rickter and AstralBirth like this.
  19. Bodiczek

Bodiczek

Feb 25, 2019
    The day your octaver really makes sense. Had my private, little sunn o))) show tonight thanks to clean power out of these three GK monsters.

P1300905.

son_of_mogh, Duder, fretno and 5 others like this.
  20. lucas303

lucas303

Mar 11, 2019
    Colorado
    Every bit of that photo is badass.