Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gallien-Krueger Diesel Dawg / 2001RB Sound

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by l0calh05t, Jul 4, 2002.

1. could anyone please post a sample or at least try to describe the sound because I might have to special order :( it or any other overdrive except the Boss which is crap, and from the only description I have heard up to now it seems to be exactly what I want but I would prefer to know exactly how it sounds (sample PLEASE!!)

2. Gopher Bob

Gopher Bob

Nov 24, 2001
    Florida
    Sounds as if someone miked a goats behind. Well not really but i would also like to hear what it sounds like.

3. Is that what you want it to sound like? :p

4. Gopher Bob

Gopher Bob

Nov 24, 2001
    Florida
    I wasn't really thinking of that but.. if it did make different pitched goat farts i would love it!

5. tripwamsley

tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    Trip from GK here! To answer your questions about the Diesel Dawg and the 2001, I would decribe the distortion as pretty damn fat. The pedal will have more tone shaping options than on the 2001. You can set them both for either a subtle "fart/breakup" or into complete insanity. The tone of the bass will shine through the distortion. What kind of sample could I record and post? I am not the most computer-savvy guy on the block. Help me out here and I can help you. Thanks for your interest in GK products!

6. it is possible to zip mp3s and then post them if that is what you mean

7. tripwamsley

tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    I'll see what I can do.

8. tripwamsley

tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    Need a little more time!! I'm on it!!

9. hurry :p

i'm interested in the pedal.. but since it's a little hard to get here i want to hear it before buying one in USA

10. tripwamsley

tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    I totally understand. I should have something soon. I have a few things piled up to take care of before I mike up some amps in the home studio cubicle and go to town. Sit tight......I'll be there.

11. BFunk

BFunk Supporting Member

Hmmm...I don't need a pedal to smell/sound like that!! :D

12. tripwamsley

tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    I have no idea what "bump" means. Is that some kind of internet digital dance? I am still intending to do this. Indeed. I will start this evening. I will a fretted bass, a fretless played finger and pickstyle. Not at the same time though!!:) I should have them posted soon...........

13. bump just means that I "bumped" the thread to the top of the forum

14. tripwamsley

tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    Oh. OK. I see. And, I meant to say I will PLAY a fretted and fretless finger and pickstyle. I am now going to start setting some things up. REALLY.....

15. tripwamsley

tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    Here are the sound samples. I hope they work. They are in WAV format. It's all I have. I used an Alembic Epic bass with the EQ flat. The 2001 was used with a 410 RBH cab. It was miked with an AKG C1000 into an Allen and Heath board. No EQ or compression was applied at the mixer. The mike was approx. a foot and half from the center of the cab. I hope this works. If it doesn't play right or at all. I will try again. Here goes.

16. tripwamsley

tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    I can't get the ZIP to go! HELP!!! It won't do right. I said earlier I am not computer whiz! After you shake your heads in disgust and call me names; Tell me how to do this!! PLease.

17. If the zip is too large you wont be able to post it using Attach file because Maximum size: 324000 bytes (approx. 316 kB) if you have multiple soundfiles put them into separate zip files (max compression) and post separately, if they are still too large then compress them to mp3 format before zipping or try to make mono wavs if they are stereo