Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gallien-Krueger Diesel Dawg

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 87octane_, Nov 1, 2001.

1. 87octane_

87octane_ Guest

Jul 18, 2001
    Sumner, IL
    I've tried searching the forums, and I haven't found what I wanted to know, so I guess I'll hafta go ahead and start a new thread. Can someone describe the sound of the Gallien-Krueger Diesel Dawg? I've got a birthday in 6 days, and I was considering getting a Boss ODB-3. How do the two compare? What I really liked about the Boss was the ability to blend the clean and overdriven channels. Can I do anything like this with the Diesel Dawg?

2. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    Bass Player gave it a good review. All I know is that I want one.

3. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    get it! get it!

its based on the high gain channel of the 2000RB!!! thats all you need to know man! :D :D

My friend has the boss bass OD, and I dont think its that great. the diesel dawg is probably much better.

4. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    probably:rolleyes:

5. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    Anything is better than the ODB-3.

The Dieseldawg is a little too expensive for me right now; it's over $100.

However, I am looking for a sustain pedal, which the Dieseldawg is also, so I might get it after I check out some cheap compressor pedals.

6. the boss cannot blend clean and overdriven channels. If it could it would be great. All the boss can do it give you very distorted fuzzzzz... id DEFINETLY check out the GK before the boss.

7. 87octane_

87octane_ Guest

Jul 18, 2001
    Sumner, IL
    The Boss can too blend the channels, can't it? Unless I just used some freak model of it or something. The picture I'm looking at right now has a balance knob, which goes from full-on overdrive back to dry, which would be clean.

8. meh... well maybe it tries to blend the clean and overdriven tones... if so then it fails miserably at it.

9. 87octane_

87octane_ Guest

Jul 18, 2001
    Sumner, IL
    As for the Gallien-Krueger, I'd really like to know how it sounds before I go out and buy one. Does anyone have any wavs or mp3s of one or anything? Even a verbal description would help.

10. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    I'm going home (from college) this weekend, and I'll see if the Guitar Center on the way back has it.

11. tripwamsley

tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    Trip from GK here again! Posting like a madman today. The diesel dawg is quite a unit. It goes from insane PHAT to PHAT GRUNT AND FART. The tone of your chosen bass will shine though the distortion. It has no blending controls however. If you want HEAVY WITH TONE it will rock your world. Hope this helps.