1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gallien-Krueger Fusion 550 is Here!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lammchop93, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    It's here, It's here!!! It's on musiciansfriend.com. It's already backordered though. Thought you guys might wanted to know the great news.:bassist::bassist::bassist:

2. you have no idea how excited i've just become

3. RedCoatMonster

RedCoatMonster

Aug 14, 2007
    Thomas, OK
    I wonder if TB members bought them all LOL.:p
    I hope someone around here got ahold of one Id like to hear what they think.

4. Ah the Fusion, This is going to be interesting..

5. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    On the GK site, the company states that they have not received all the parts, so they aren't even built yet. MF is just taking pre-orders!

6. This Fusion 550 is turning into a bit of a joke IMO. GK is advertising it now in Bass Player, they announced...oh....I dunno.......2 years ago but it seems like 5 and now they are back ordered because GK doesn't have all the parts??? Yes they want to get it right but when it was originally announced a couple of years ago one would assume at that point that it was almost ready for release. Seems like GK were actually just starting to engineer it. Yes I am flaming GK a bit but my rig is GK head and cabs so I feel I am entitled too a little bit. :D

7. Seems like GK is trying to grab the same market that the Peavey VB-2, as the current pre-order price for the Fusion is exactly the same as the VB-2.

As a side note the VB-2 actually is available now.

8. Frankie Fender

Frankie Fender Supporting Member

I'm holding out for the Fusion 1000. They (GK) told me it was about a year away. :rolleyes:

9. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    GK was my favorite amp company until I got my SVT.

10. kirkm24

kirkm24

Jan 1, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    Based on the way things have been going with the 550, I'd say it will be more like 10 years away.

11. Yeah, tech over at GK said sometime in may. Then he said he didn't want to elaborate anymore. I'd wait till you see one before believing that they're out.

12. epoxo57

epoxo57 Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2005
    Perrysburg, Ohio
    Although the curiosity is quite stoked, my 1001RBII suits me just fine :smug: