1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Gallien-Krueger GK 1001RB-II Excellent Condition

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Blues Infidel, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Blues Infidel

Blues Infidel Gold Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2002
    CT
    Price:
    $375
    Here’s a great, lightly used head that I picked up a while ago for a band that unfortunately is now defunct. I’ve been playing GK’s for many years and wanted the GK tone and class AB slam, and this head delivers. Ironically, the rack I bought for it arrived after the band had broken up so neither the head or rack made it to a gig or even a rehearsal.

The head super clean and could pass for new, but I want to point out that there is a slight bulge on one side of the case that is apparently there to accommodate the power transformer. Please see photos. You can see on the inside of the case how it was bumped out to give it the clearance it needs. Don't know if this is common with this model, but that's how this one was built. It doesn't effect the performance in any way - amp sounds great and is LOUD - but wanted to mention it

Here's the specs on the head: 1001 RB Specs

Here's the specs on the rack: SKB Shallow Roto Rack - 3U

As far as any potential trades go, I already have too much amplification, but I am looking for a 5 string PJ or JJ. Really only interested in a full-sized P body or downsized jazz body (I can't handle full sized Jazz basses anymore) with a 34" scale. Any trades would need to be on the lighter side - around 9 lbs or less. A Sadowsky 5 string would be ideal, plus $$$ on my end as appropriate.

Other options:

Sadowsky 4 string
    Good American P-Basses (Fender, Nash, Lakland, Lull, etc.)
    Spector USA or Czech 4 strings

Comes with the power cable, special GK speaker cable for biamping with GK cabs and owners manual. The SKB rack is mint and available for $75.

PayPal is preferred, but I can make other arrangements if necessary. I will split shipping (CONUS only).

IMG_2199_zps3kfbjvjw.
    IMG_2196_zps73zcp7wd.
    IMG_2200_zpsat4qjmez.
    IMG_2201_zpszkwgjddm.

IMG_2198_zpsphudxqte.
    IMG_2193_zpsdsystrd3.
    IMG_2241_zpspg8jgpv8.
    IMG_2242_zpsepkuwe8z.
    IMG_2244_zpsokwsfwe6.

All photos of this amp: GK 1001RB-II by bluesinfidel

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    D M Lutz, Ductapeman and Spidey2112 like this.
  2. Blues Infidel

Oct 7, 2002
    CT
    I got an inquiry on trading this head plus the Epi cabs I have for sale for a bass. I've updated the listing for trade considerations.

3. Blues Infidel

Oct 7, 2002
    CT
    Got another inquiry about selling the head and rack separately. Yes, I can do that.

4. Wow that is a great deal....im surprised its still here. If i didn't already have 2 1001's, i would snag it up lol

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    Blues Infidel likes this.
  5. lethal dose

lethal dose Supporting Member

Apr 10, 2016
    This is driving me nuts! Someone buy my L2000 or MPulse 600! Arrrrgh...

6. Blues Infidel

Oct 7, 2002
    CT
    Got some questions on dimensions, specs, etc. Updated listing with some links to detailed specs.

7. Blues Infidel

Oct 7, 2002
    CT
    $375 without SKB rack, $450 including the rack.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    D M Lutz likes this.
  8. Blues Infidel

Oct 7, 2002
    CT
    FYI - I'm heading out of town the end of this week. I can ship any day this week through Friday. After that, I won't be able to ship until November 17th.

9. DanFern

DanFern

Nov 5, 2017
    Will you ship USPS to Canada?

10. Blues Infidel

Oct 7, 2002
    CT
    Internet access will be spotty the next 10+ days. May take longer to reply to PMs.