1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gallien Krueger half stack

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by oswaldvon, Mar 8, 2008.

1. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    That's pretty marginal. The Backline series is the budget stuff designed to compete with the other cheap imports. I don't think it'll stand up to gigs and probably just barely make it for practice with a band. Okay for at home though, but you don't need much more than 30-50 watts for that.

I suggest you buy the highest power Backline head (the Backline 600) and get a 4x10 cabinet from Avatar.

2. okey. the backline 600 is in my price range but i don't think that the avatar cabinets are available in sweden. the 4x10's that i can afford right now are the Ashdown MAG410T, the Gallien Krueger Backline 410BLX-II and the Warwick W410pro. the problem is that the nearest musicstore is about a 5 hours drive from the town where i live so i can't try out the head or any of the cabinets.

3. Easy8

Easy8

Sep 5, 2007
    Austin, Tx
    Given those choices, I would go with the Ashdown.

I have no experience with the Warwick.

The BL600 gets a lot of respect here at TB. Great head for the price (I use one as a backup), but the BL cabs don't get a whole lotta love.

4. I would also buy the ashdown. but i have heard good things about the warwick. dont buy behringer

5. I wish there was a place around here that carried Ashdowns. I've never heard them before but they look like they have some nice combo amps/speakers.

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    As a GK lover, I wouldn't recommend that pack to anyone. There is no advantage to that, considering it is, in effect, a combo in the fact that neither the head nor the cabinet can take on any more wattage, etc. without replacing the other. If it's a stepping stone, so be it, but don't expect it to be anything better than a two-piece combo amp.

7. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I have the Backline 600 head and the Backline 115. I think they 600 is a great head, but the cab is just ok. I don't experience any mud, but I do have some pretty heavy EQing going on between my bass, pedal board, and the EQ on the amp. Given that you have those 410s in your price range, I would look at pairing up any of those with a 600 before turning to the Brat Pack.

8. Rob Mancini

Rob Mancini Guest

Feb 26, 2008
    Buy used. There are better cabs on the used market for what you'd pay for a new Backline.