1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Gallien-Krueger MB112-II (112MBP is Sold)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by The Diaper Geni, Feb 4, 2016.

1. The Diaper Geni

The Diaper Geni Submissive. And loving it. Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    Price:
    See Below
    **112MBP IS SOLD!!**

Killer rig. Small, light and a big sound. But it's time to try something new. Do a search here on TB. I won't bore you with more details.

The MB112-II is tolex and the 112MBP is the textured paint. I called GK and they said the cabs are identical, spec-wise, except for the cab coverings and the etched "GK" logo on the 112MBP.

Original owner. Bought brand spankin'. These are lightly used cabs. However, I do NOT get along with tolex. The textured paint of the 112MBP is clean. There are a few scratches and small pencil eraser sized ding on the tolex of the MB112-II. Man, I just look at tolex and it gets marked up. Maybe it's just me, but I prefer carpet covered cabs. But I digress...

Original shipping boxes. $450 shipped east of the mighty Mississippi. $475 shipped west of the Mississippi.

I tried to capture the dings and scratches on the top edges of the MB112-II.

image.
    image.
    image.
    image.
    image.
    image.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
    G RICH 5 likes this.
  2. Kukulkan61

Kukulkan61 Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    Im thr opposite i prefer tolex over rat fur, I can personally vouch for this rig it is awesome i gigged mine for 2 years before i retired involuntarily, very light,very versatile and that GK Sound!! GLWYS

The Diaper Geni likes this.
  3. pbass2

pbass2

Jan 25, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Nice price. Question--does the combo sit nice and tidy on top of the cab, i.e. secure and not "wobbly"? From the upper pic it looks like the rubber feet are kind of partially on the metal corner bits, not flush. I would've thought the combo's feet would match up with the little cup holder thingies on the cab, no?

4. The Diaper Geni

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    You know, I never noticed it before, but you're correct. When I purchased the two together earlier this year I noticed the newer MB112-II tolex models have the rubber feet attached farther out towareds the edge of the cab. IOW, the little rubber feet on the MB112-II do not line up with the indents on the top of the MBP112. But since the cab does not wobble and has been, and is, secure (just gigged the stack last night), I never noticed the way the rubber feet rest of the top of the MBP112. I just had to double check to make sure it wasn't a trick of the photo.

If it's a deal breaker I can easily position the MB112-II's rubber feet to line up with the indents on top of the bottom cab.

5. pbass2

pbass2

Jan 25, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Thanks for the info--yeah, if sits stable on there it's no big deal. I tried one of these out recently a/b'ing against a Fender Rumble--so I'm kind of on the fence--I liked the Rumble a little bit better but this is a good deal! Pondering…..

6. pbass2

pbass2

Jan 25, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Sending PM….

If still available, I want!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  7. The Diaper Geni

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    112MBP is sold!