Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gallien-Krueger MB150 E

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by currgitt, Dec 16, 2000.

1. currgitt

currgitt

Dec 16, 2000
    Hi,
    I'm a bassplayer in Finland and I have problems with the powersupply in my G-K MB 150 E. I would need the service manual to get it repaired. I've been in contact with G-K and they told me they have the s.m. and the price, but for
    some reason they didn't send it to me. Can anybody help me
    please!

2. I had a MB150 E for many years. One day on a gig the amp made a strange noise and stopped working. I took out the fuse and it was shattered. When I put a new fuse in the same thing happened. My amp was still under warranty so I took it back to the dealer and they fixed in their shop. A month later the same thing happened. The shop fixed it again. Guess what? The amp blew two days later. By this time I was very angry. (I was gigging with same jazz band two of the three times it died and was worried I wouldn't get to work with them again. Not to mention I was about to leave on a jazz fest tour of Europe. ) The dealer then called up GK and told them about the problem. GK informed them that there was a defective power chip in some of the production runs and would repair my amp free of charge. They put in a new power section and a new speaker :) Since then I had no problems with the amp. My amp was from around 1994. You may want to check with GK and see if this could be the problem. You will need you serial number. Good luck.
    Randy

3. tripwamsley

tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    This is Trip from GK. I'll see what I can do.