1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Gallien-Krueger MB2-500 FS/FT

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by David Morris, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Morris

David Morris Supporting Member

May 22, 2002
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    MB2-500 in factory packaging w/foot switch and power cord. $425 shipped - or trade for an Eden WTX-260 in mint condition or a WTX-500 :D.

This is an A02 serial # which has been upgraded to A05 specs. See below.

Price is firm. No guarantees - No returns.

Full disclosure: I bought this from a TBer in early March. The PO had had none of the usual MB2 problems, but apparently hadn't used it in a real gig situation. I took it directly from the UPS guy to a gig - medium loud blues/rock/roots band. All was well for about 20 mins. when at that point major distortion kicked in. I contacted G-K customer service, was given a return authorization, and shipped it back to the factory. 17 days later (last Friday 3/27) the amp came back. The Invoice packed with it states that the Pre Amp and Chassis were replaced. It now has the removable rubber feet. Again, took it directly to a gig (same band) and it performed flawlessly. Used it again the following night on a low volume coffeehouse gig, and again no problems. So it appears to be 100% good to go now. However, the G-K sound just ain't for me, I'm a one-sound guy and that sound comes from an Eden amp. So it's now up for sale.

There are some scratches on the top due to a PO apparently mounting in a rack. Why would you rack a micro amp? Other than that it's in good condition. The bottom of the case is new!

Pics follow:

2. David Morris

May 22, 2002
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Might also be willing to trade for a lightweight 2x10 or maybe a lightweight 1x15 cab.

3. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish Supporting Member

I'll rack it. In 8 weeks anyway... PM'd

4. David Morris

May 22, 2002
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    PMs replied. Looks like it may be a goner.

5. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Pm'd

6. dave79

I should probably pay for it now then :smug:

7. dave79

Payment sent. My mini RIG OF DOOM plan has entered stage 5.

Stage 1: Acquire elusive Furman PL-TUNER
    Stage 2: Acquire Schroeder 12+L
    Stage 3: Acquire Gator 2-space rackbag
    Stage 4: Acquire 05 MB2-500
    Stage 5: Wait another 8 weeks for the rack ears to come out

With my Modulus around my shoulders in its Roadrunner, I may start walking to some of my gigs.

8. David Morris

May 22, 2002
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    SOLD and headed to Virginia!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.