1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gallien-Krueger MB2-500

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by deekay911, Sep 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deekay911

deekay911

Nov 4, 2007
    Charleston SC
    Well it has finally arrived and sitting on my desk :hyper:
    Quite tiny, perhaps a little heavier than my Shuttle 6, but smaller in a way and actually prettier.
    Pics and first thoughts later today!!!

2. Clips!

3. CH Design

CH Design Supporting Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Ottawa, ON
    +1

4. jasper383

jasper383

Dec 5, 2004
    Durham NC
    + another 1!

Clips and pics! Pics and clips!

:hyper:

5. Colonel_Claypoo

Colonel_Claypoo Steve Harris nut

Oct 24, 2007
    Germany
    faster!!!...please:smug:

6. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    And???????????????????????????????????????????????????

7. Your such a big micro amp tease!

8. spideyjg

spideyjg

Mar 19, 2006
    San Diego
    Mine is scheduled to arrive Thursday. Gonna compare to my old 400RB.

Jim

9. jarrod cunningham

jarrod cunningham

Apr 24, 2007
    sylacauga alabama
    spector basses
    im split between this and the shuttle 6.0 . if a sell one of my other amps i will buy a micro for run around gigs ....

10. deekay911

deekay911

Nov 4, 2007
    Charleston SC
    I'm still stuck in the office so won't get to try it until later tonight :crying: but I will compare directly with the Shuttle 6. I do expect it to be quite different though...

11. Buzz

Buzz

Feb 3, 2004
    Metro Detroit
    Please post pics before bedtime. :)

Front, back, sides. Hell, go 360 on us. :D

Can't wait!

12. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Make up an excuse and go home and play that thing. Then write us up a full review, take some pictures and post them and give us some sound samples. You'll be up late but take tomorrow off work.
    :)

13. silky smoove

silky smoove

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    What is this business about a job? Your career needs to take a backseat to the GAS-fueled needs of the TB community. Frankly it shows a lot of disrespect and a lack of caring on your part. I suggest that when you get home tonight you take a long look in the mirror and think about your priorities.... Before doing that please do a full review with pictures and soundclips :D

In all seriousness I'm EAGERLY awaiting your review. I'll be buying one of these before too long regardless (barring a maelstrom of horrible reviews), but a little added GAS never hurt anyone... Or emptied their wallet... Or potentially ruined their marriage... Wait...

14. synaesthesia

synaesthesia

Apr 13, 2004
    UK
    Yes go home now. The economy's **** and will still be tomorrow, nothing you can do to fix it..... so go home play it and let us know.

15. matt_m

matt_m

Feb 19, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Schroeder Cabinets
    I played through the MB2 today at my local GC. They literally had just gotten it in. It was paired with a new neo 410 cab. I have to say, IMO, that it sounded killer. Very fast low end, crisp highs, and the boost/solo feature is very cool. It seems to be less mid-rangy than the Markbass amps. IMO it has more useful features than a Markbass LMKII or the F1, and is roughly the same size as the F1 (but lighter). It has fast low end due to the class D power amp similar to the F1. I think that i am going to sell my LMKII in order to pick up this new GK. It has a mute switch and you have the option on the D.I. to send out pre EQ. I am really impressed with this amp.

16. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    Local GC told me today that they are expecting a shipment of these any day now. :)

17. silky smoove

silky smoove

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Any comparison to GK's more conventional amps such as the 700, 1001 or 2001 models?

18. Colonel_Claypoo

Colonel_Claypoo Steve Harris nut

Oct 24, 2007
    Germany
    haha i like this thread not only because of its content but the way how we are requesting the review and stuff.
    i like you americans:)

subscribed!

19. jasper383

jasper383

Dec 5, 2004
    Durham NC
    Hey! It's now an international effort!

deekay911, don't make us get NATO involved...

20. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    And what exactly is a " very fast low end" ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.