1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gallien Krueger MB212 Opinion?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bordinco90, Jul 9, 2014.

1. bordinco90

bordinco90

Dec 7, 2011
    SW Louisiana
    Hello Everyone! I am posting because I am wondering if the Gallien Krueger MB212 is any good? I have not had a chance to play it yet, but they have a used one at GC for $500. Is that a good deal? How loud is it? Can it handle 2 guitars and a loud drummer? Is it truly 500 watts or do you have to connect a extension cab to achieve the full 500 watts? Just some questions I need answered. Thanks everyone!!!

2. DrDAV14

DrDAV14 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Denver, Colorado
    It is truly 500 watts, no ext speaker out on the amp. It will keep up with a rock band in normal club situations.
    I would go ahead and pick it up, make sure it is the newer version with the "chain out" XLR send.
    This gives you the ability to add another powered MBP212 speaker cab if the combo isn't enough.

3. bordinco90

bordinco90

Dec 7, 2011
    SW Louisiana
    Cool, but how does it stack up against the TC electronic BH500 500 watt 1x15 combo amp? I was look at those and I can get one for around $350? It too has no ext speaker out so it pushed 500 watts also.

4. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    The GK blows it away in my opinion.
    The GK MB212 is the greatest combo amp i have ever owned.
    Enough power to do anything with it and it sounds fantastic.

5. bordinco90

bordinco90

Dec 7, 2011
    SW Louisiana
    Ok cool, hopefully it will be there when I look Saturday.

6. BigRedBassPlayer

BigRedBassPlayer Supporting Member

7. Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    I've been using this combo for about a year now for band practice and some gigs and I can safely say it easily handles everything I've thrown at it. It has a nice array of EQ options and it gets plenty loud. Consider this, if you were to buy the powered extension cab also, you would be looking at a 1000 watt, modular 4x12 weighing about 70lbs or so total (I think the combo is 36 or so pounds and the extension is a little bit more, for some reason).

8. adam on bass

adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    I know this is an older thread but these amps are worth every penny. I use an MB112 by itself at a 300 person venue with no PA support with 2 guitars and a loud drummer and it handles it with ease. I am waiting on my MBP212 which should be here soon so that will be a 700 watt rig weighing in at roughly 65lbs.

B-string likes this.
  9. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    I gigged my MB410-II and MBP410 this past weekend. It's the first time I've had it out in quite sometime. Took my Variax 705 with me. Killer rig. I find setting the EQ control to twelve o'clock is perfect.

TD

10. adam on bass

adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    Got my MBP212 yesterday. Matched with my MB112 it was thunderous and very clean!!! I A/B'd my Fusion 800 / two NEO 212's there was such a slight difference I am not going to miss the extra 50lbs not one bit.