Gallien Krueger microbass versus other GK's

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Atef, Jul 2, 2005.

1. Little question

Does it sound the same? Or at least close, I love the hifi sound combined with the growl of the 700rb I tried. Does it have that too?
  2. 62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    The Microbass does sound very close to the other bigger GK amps. I don't know if you can get the razor sharp high end out of it like the 700 RB but it is close. It sounds like a GK.

Obviously there's a big difference in output power, but if you can get by with 150 watts at 4 ohms, it's a very nice unit. I really like the combo version.
  3. yeah, i was thinking about getting it as a practice amp/ amp for quiet rehearsals(don't have a lot of problems with loud guitarists and drummers, with a 120 watt laney it was ok, not great, but I don't have the space to store a large rig, and the money to buy one is missing too, I might decide on a head and a 210 though, that'd be nicer probably)
  4. realdeal

realdeal Banned

Dec 10, 2004
    Use the 150 combo or head @ 4 ohms and you will be amazed at the output of this unit. Of course it doesn't have the headroom of the higher -powered GK heads, but with the same active eq and GIVE voicing, it absolutely gets the very tight, "biting" GK sound. I've used the combo with an extension 12 cab on a LOT gigs in fair-sized rooms, and it kicks.