Gallien-Krueger Neo115 review

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TSanders, Apr 13, 2005.

1. I have been running a GK 100RB-II, with a GK Neo 212 cab, and decided to add a cab. I was thinking about another Neo 212, but my curiousity got the best of me and I ordered a Neo 115.

Heres what I think about the cab. I started off playing the Neo 115 alone with my 1001RB-II. For a 1X15, the cab is very quick and defined, not slow and muddy. I started with the horn on a very minimal setting. The cab has plenty of booty, and I was most impressed by its thickness in the low mids. Ive never heard a 15 that put out so much clean low end, while still staying very present in the middle and upper registers.

Once I hooked it up with the Neo 212 in bi-amp mode I was amazed by the stacks full bodied tone. My MusicMan StingRay 5 sounded amazing. The 212, 115 setup yeiled very responsive and articualte tones all the way down to my low B. The upper mids sounded ecspecially clear and focused, and the top end was clear as a bell, very present, and not harsh.

Overall the Neo115 is an amazing 15 cab that changed many of the sterotypes I had about 1X15 enclosures.

The 1001RB-II, Neo 212,115, is a killer rig that I can tell is going to excel in my rock band. And at a whopping 700 watts ( I think GKs wattage is very conservative ) I will have no problem hearing and now feeling myself on a loud stage.

Thanks to Dan Elliott at GK for giving me the opportunity to endorse this fine gear that I love and truly believe in.
  2. 'JC'

Mar 14, 2000
    and thank you for the review. :)

btw, how would you compare these to the rbh cabs' sound?