Gallien Krueger prices in europe

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by simon, Jul 5, 2004.

1. simon

May 19, 2004
    hi everyone, i live in the netherlands and i'm looking for a new rig. i'm particularly interested in the GK SBX series cabinets and there's a dealer here where i can get them. my only objection is......they are way more expensive here than in the u.s. a new GK SBX 410 costs 730 euros, that's 900 dollars. on musicianfriend they go for 449 dollars....can anybody explain this price difference to me, since i can't imagine why they are twice as expensive....would it be cheaper to just order it in the states and have it send over here....? tnx for the replys
  2. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Well yes.. welcome to the world...

Remember: MF is selling at discount prices - there are some similar sites in Europe as well, but you wont get so much off.
    The other thing is taxes, cstoms prices, shipping, and all the dealers who it passes through, they all get some profitrate on it... :spit: there is a link to iternational distributors on the GK site, and there is a German retailer who has the prices listed on the site - check that, too.
    As for ordering it and having it brought here - MF )or was it music123?) doesnt ship outside the USA. also, there is taxes and customs and shipping and insurance... thats a lot of papers, but you will only end up getting it slightly cheaper
  3. zoran

May 10, 2002
    they are transported with golden boat, one by one :p
  4. Mo' bass

Mo' bass

May 4, 2000
    Hi Simon. I'm from the Netherlands too, near Eindhoven. Maybe you should check out Hevos ( I don't own any of their stuff but I've heard one of their cabs in action and it sounded great. Just a thought.

BTW, this is my first post here after being away for some time. It's good to be back :hyper:
  5. [SD]

Feb 24, 2004
    one site: best prices on the web lowest shipping rates! i got a 60€ shipping on a qsc rmx 1450, warwick 411 pro cab and a ampeg svp-bsp pre-amp. No customs taxes...great service!