Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gallien Krueger Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Hawkizzle, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Hawkizzle

Hawkizzle

May 21, 2005
    Well this will be my first head and cab I get. I started playing bass around 6 months ago and the amp I have right now isnt cutting it. I was looking into get a Gallien Krueger backline 250 head and a 115BLX cab to go with that. I want to later on get a 410 BLX to go with the 115 but will this head be able to power both?

2. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    Unless the Backline 250 head is part of a package deal that makes it utterly compelling to buy, I suggest getting the Backline 600 head instead.

Check out my review at http://www.execpc.com/~fdeck/bass

The BL250 is rated at 125 W into a minimum of 8 Ohms. It will not run two cabs, and if you are already suffering from not enough power, chances are you will be routinely pushing th BL250 to its limits. The BL600 will give you more power to start with, so you might be able to put off having to run two cabs. That's a lot less gear to haul, and less expensive in the long run.

3. Hawkizzle

Hawkizzle

May 21, 2005
    So if i got a 600 it would be ok?

4. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    You might want to look at getting a used 800RB...great heads, 300W and can power 2 cabs easily. They go used on ebay from about $350-$450 I think.

5. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    Yes, it will run two cabs. I am extremely happy with mine.