Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gallien Kruger 700RB vs. SWR Workingman's 4004

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by aceofbass88, Sep 7, 2002.

1. aceofbass88

aceofbass88

Jul 23, 2002
    I have been looking at Bass Heads for a very, very long time. I need one around 400 watts. These two came up as the best, which one you think is better, or any owners wut to do you think about it.

2. Macron69

Macron69

Mar 24, 2000
    Puerto Rico
    I have a RB700, so my vote goes for it.
    i have the 2x10 combo amp. but tossing the cab aside, the head is great. I think there's a lot of tone can get from the GK.

my 2 cents.

3. I can speak with experience with the workingman's 4004.

I own one and it's not a bad head........It is pretty resourceful on several areas. 1. It's got some power in it......400W! YEAH! :) 2. It has a built in Rack to put in whatever you'd like (One rack space) 3. It has a good amount of flexibility for playing rock or slap bass........the jazz suggested setting is decent :|...
    4. Only weights about thirty pounds, which isn't too bad at all for a solid state head. 5. Has a good effects blend and effects loop on the backside, as well as a aural enhancer (shape control) and limiter (to protect your speakers).

I like it and it works well with my rig. Haven't had a problem in two years.

Problems.........1. Can't bypass the power amp to add power to your rig.........400W is it. Although that MAY be all you need. 2. It's only capable in mono.

Look into it
    -Insighted