1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Gallien kruger 700rbii problem

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jazz_bass2664, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Absolutely love this amp. No complaints after 2 years of heavy gigging. Just today though after the amp not being played for 2 weeks it refuses to power on completely and just sits with the indicator lamp showing red. I believe something might be shorting internally but I have no idea. Can anyone offer any insight? There is no bad smells and everything looks fine on the inside.

2. wave rider

wave rider

Jan 5, 2005
    Try different speaker cable(s)? Just a thought...

=wr=

3. Tried 4 cables and no cable At all. Still won't power up. I'm stumped on what could be wrong.

4. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    Sounds like it's time to send it in to G-K... If I were in your shoes, that's what I would do - instead of having some shop fix it... Great amp, btw - I have one that I'll probably never sell...

- georgestrings

5. craig.p

craig.p

Sep 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I'd pop the cover and blow that sucker out. It's probably dirty in there and needs it even if it weren't broken. In the process, you may blow out a metal shaving or something else that found its way in there through the fan intake. Make sure the amp is upside-down when you do this so any debris falls out rather than just relocates itself or embeds itself deeper in. While you're in there, check for all wires/cables fully seated, no loose screws, etc. -- all the standard first steps.

6. Yeah i cracked the amp open last night and all looks well inside. i keep iut fairly clean and blow everything out about every 2 months. The amp workes lovely and sounds unbelievable through all of my speaker cabinets. just the right tone paired withmy fenders or uprights. im thinking ill just have to ship it into GK and have them look at it. theres no blackened components on the inside so im not sure what went wrong. It powers on fine but the indicator light remains red