1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gallien Kruger gold line 810. Im getting one fo sho

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 00Funk, Nov 29, 2006.

1. 00Funk

00Funk Banned

Jul 17, 2006
    Dallas TX
    Thats a bad mohekin, aint it ?
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Back, Left-facing

2. 00Funk

00Funk Banned

Jul 17, 2006
    Dallas TX
  3. 00Funk

00Funk Banned

Jul 17, 2006
    Dallas TX
  4. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    Man, those are pretty sweet looking, but my Spector sounded terrible through the 4x10.

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I'm very close to getting one. Just hope I can get a roadie for the same price or less.

6. Assumer

Assumer

Mar 26, 2003
    Arkansas
    I saw my first goldline today at a local GC. I am guessing this is a step up from their standard line? How do they compare?

7. spencer

spencer Guest

Feb 22, 2006
    Are they really a step up? I thought they were cheaper or something. Anyway I played one and thought it was going to sound.. TINNY... Well not I said this cab... It had some LOWS. And I mean I was playing a 700rb2 through it and I think it lacked some highs. I definatly want to play it again when I get my 1001rb2. But how much does it weigh?

8. spencer

spencer Guest

Feb 22, 2006
    Also I find the gold to be very sexy.

9. spencer

spencer Guest

Feb 22, 2006
    Yes agian its very sxy.... I want ONE!! BUT.... Its rated at 8ohms? umm what if I need it to be 4 ohms? Im screwed? lol not buying two..

Looks better than a ampeg 8x10 and is made by GK.. BUT does it sound as good as a Ampeg AND!! Is there higher end 8x10 that much better sounding?

Another thing..... NO SPEAKON? ***?

10. osciphex

osciphex

Jun 1, 2001
    I think they're like, below the SBX series but above the Backline stuff.

11. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    They're not above or below anything. They're a totally different line with aluminum speakers. Most similar to the Backline as far as construction I believe.

They're made solely for Guitar Center/Musician's Friend and their affilliates.

12. salFPS

salFPS

Aug 30, 2006
    San Diego
    Dude, those replaced the backlines at my guitar center, the salesman was saying it was pretty much a Backline. I played it a little and saw the specs, that's Backline, enjoy wasting your money. I say spend the same amount on at least neo or sbx because you don't need that many speakers if you're in a venue 'cause they'll mic you anways.

I'm only getting a 210 on top of my 115 sbx because I don't plan on just playing indoor micced venues..

13. spencer

spencer Guest

Feb 22, 2006
    Still very sexy.,

14. There's 4 things wrong with that:
    It's gold
    It looks like something from the SBX line.
    You would need roadies and a BIG car to fit it.
    Aluminium speakers?

But then again, what do I know? :p

15. mkrtu9

mkrtu9

Mar 2, 2006
    Tuscola
    I think it looks pretty neat. You'll have to get gold teeth to match :)

16. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    Bling bling..

17. AJDaze

AJDaze

Nov 4, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    If this helps, I love my 2x10 and 1x15 Goldlines. I run these with a hartke 3500. Good luck...

18. I can't understand the need for GK to bring out a product line like this, but as far as marketing goes, what do I know?

It could obviously be a stab at horning in on the demographic that buys Hartke and Behringer aluminums (hey, we like our speakers SHINY!), and more specifically at Guitar Center.

I don't know how the prices compare. Are they closer to the XL, the Transporter, or the VX line, comparing similar configurations?

19. spencer

spencer Guest

Feb 22, 2006
    sensitivity isn't good either.. .MAN..

20. 00Funk

00Funk Banned

Jul 17, 2006
    Dallas TX
    Has anyone tried a fretless with the goldline ? I bet its got that ZING