Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gallien Kruger Neos

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by WesW, Nov 15, 2004.

1. WesW

WesW <>< Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2002
    St Joe Beach, FL
    Anybody heard em?

Any thoughts?

:)

2. Ozzyman

Ozzyman

Jul 21, 2004
    They have a VERY even response. They're lightwight small and loud for their size. Perfect for a gigging musician, IMHO. They don't have the fullest bottom, but in a rock setting they cut like a hot knife in butter.
    Rating: 10/10

3. I got a Neo2x12 about a week after getting a Gallien-Krueger endorsement. Quite honestly I expected a good cab from Gallien-Krueger, but hot dang these Neo cabs are amazing. As already stated they have a very even frequency response. I bi-amp with a 100RB-II, and the cab is very clean and articulate. I do not find it shy in the lows at all. In fact I was planning on adding a Neo1x15 for my new 5er, but I am so pleased with the low end on my Neo2x12 that Im just going to get another 2x12 instead of the 1x15. My first gig with the Neo2x12 my soundman was on stage hooking the PA up and he said it was the best bass tone he had ever heard. Did I mention you can push the cab around with one hand and little effort. I would try one if I were you. They rock. Heres a pic:
    [​IMG]

4. johans

johans G.U.I - Groovin' under influence

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    nice one travis,

btw are the neo out for sale yet?
    didnt saw them anywhere ..

5. jnightmare

jnightmare

May 12, 2004
    Carson, CA
    sorry this is a little off topic but also has to do with what your setup is gling to be, so i guess its boarderline. but anyways has anyone tried going with a 4x12 setup? how does that sound? i wouldnt mind checking out a nice 4x12 or 2 2x12 setup with the new GK neo cabs. thats yet another thing i may consider before getting a new rig. i know the bassist from taking back sunday plays out of 2 4x12 aguilar cabs. man that seems a little like overkill but i never watch em live so i dont know how it sounds, and im not really a fan of the band. but has anyone tried a 4x12 cab or 2 2x12 setup before? and how is it if so?

6. I know Bass Northwest in Seattle has them and I think Riks Music has them. If Daniel Elliot from GK sees this post I hope he can tell where else to find them. I dont think GC is going to have them.

7. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Low Down Sound in Detroit has them, and they sound great.

8. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    What are the dimensions/weight on the 4x12's? Ballpark price? I think a couple of them would be worth trying out if they're smaller/lighter than the average 4x12.

9. WesW

WesW <>< Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2002
    St Joe Beach, FL
    Thanks for all the responses guys. These sound like good solid cabs.

BTW - all the specs are up on the GK website - GK Neos.

edit - link.

10. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Cool...thx.