1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Galveston Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lowner, May 1, 2006.

1. Lowner

Lowner

May 14, 2005
    Over Here
    I have been looking for an affordable 6 string bass and I found a galveston 6 string for less than 169.00. It is on sale at this music store and marked down from 350.00. It is a very reasonable price. Yet I have never heard of Galveston. This bass has one humbucker and sound pretty good and feels good. If I buy it am I going to end up with something that is going to self destruct? I am going back to the music store Thursday to either buy it or tell them to take it off hold for me.

2. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    Glen Cove, NY
    They've got decent necks, the fretboards are low quality, string spacing is very tight, B string fairly muddy. The electronics are VERY bright and thin sounding, which you may or may not like, I don't know. I didn't like mine, so I sold it.

3. i hear they are pretty rotten...but you've played it and like it and is worth the money, do it...personally i'd steer clear though