Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Galveston?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bvolt3000, May 17, 2004.

1. bvolt3000

bvolt3000

May 17, 2004
    I'm just wondering: how, in general, are Galveston basses?

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    From what i hear, not good.

3. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    + 1

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    ah you changed your name. scared me.

5. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    :ninja:

6. bvolt3000

bvolt3000

May 17, 2004
    Is there any one thing about galveston basses making them bad? Because i found a really cool LOOKING bass but its a galveston and have no idea about them. So if its anything i can fix like the pickups, etc. then tell me. SOMEONE PLEASE!!!! :help: :confused:

7. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I would guess it would be a good starter bass but not much more then that.PS Just a littel word of advice it might not be best to buy lower end stuff on the account of looks, i learned the hard way when i was a kid. :)

8. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    Their not bad. If your expecting boutique quality, don't. But if your expecting a slightly better than normal Korean made bass then you won't be dissapointed. I actually have an 8-string (for sale too) that I've had for quite a while, and about the only complaint I would have is that it's really heavy, which is probably true for any 8-string bass.

Their worth it for the money (you get what you pay for), and if your the kind of person who likes to mod and customize it's a great starting point that won't break the bank.

Like I mentioned, my 8-string is for sale. It's a full 8 strings, not a 4 string w/ octaves. You can check it out here, it's at the bottom of the page.....

Bass Stuff For Sale...