Galveston?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bvolt3000, May 17, 2004.

1. bvolt3000

bvolt3000

May 17, 2004
    I'm just wondering: how, in general, are Galveston basses?

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    From what i hear, not good.

3. mark beem

mark beem I'm alive and well. Where am I? Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    + 1

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    ah you changed your name. scared me.

5. mark beem

mark beem I'm alive and well. Where am I? Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    :ninja:

6. bvolt3000

bvolt3000

May 17, 2004
    Is there any one thing about galveston basses making them bad? Because i found a really cool LOOKING bass but its a galveston and have no idea about them. So if its anything i can fix like the pickups, etc. then tell me. SOMEONE PLEASE!!!! :help: :confused:

7. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I would guess it would be a good starter bass but not much more then that.PS Just a littel word of advice it might not be best to buy lower end stuff on the account of looks, i learned the hard way when i was a kid. :)

8. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    Their not bad. If your expecting boutique quality, don't. But if your expecting a slightly better than normal Korean made bass then you won't be dissapointed. I actually have an 8-string (for sale too) that I've had for quite a while, and about the only complaint I would have is that it's really heavy, which is probably true for any 8-string bass.

Their worth it for the money (you get what you pay for), and if your the kind of person who likes to mod and customize it's a great starting point that won't break the bank.

Like I mentioned, my 8-string is for sale. It's a full 8 strings, not a 4 string w/ octaves. You can check it out here, it's at the bottom of the page.....

Bass Stuff For Sale...